Local Elders whip the Congregation into a frenzy about donating to the Organization

by James Jack 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hoser
    hoser

We had a letter last night about not ordering annual items because the cost is too high to print them. Just to sit on people's shelves. They encouraged downloading instead.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie
    Here in Seattle we have lots of rich JW's that are always traveling and spending money on themselves and I wonder how much those people actually contribute to the congregation. I'm sure it's not much at all since they are so busy going on trips to exotic lands. Wonder how that goes over? But being a rich JW always puzzled me too since it goes against what the org says but of course these people seem to get a free pass! Oh and they do keep their money to themselves too, not very generous at all or at least the ones I'm acquainted with.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Contributions by check ?

Required by IRS to take charitable tax deduction on personal income tax.

Plus, points for those trying to climb the ladder.

Doc

• coalize
    coalize
    Required by IRS to take charitable tax deduction on personal income tax.

I didn't know that!

That's crazy! The americans are really crazy! Deduct from tax the religious contribution!

Impossible in France that! And that's fine!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Thier running out of time and they know it, everytime they proclaim the end is near and ten years goes by and nothing they become less relevant. They lost 100,000s after 1975 and 1995-2000. Thier growth is dead and the young ones want a life. These guys are getting all they can while they can.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How could the Org ever tell the sheep that their hard-earned fleece was gambled and lost on the stock market?

Sorry The Searcher, I tend to disagree, I'm on the thought that the WTS has strongly acknowledged just how valuable real estate is to their overall financial picture and therefore are being more focused on developing further toward real estate investing and expansion.

Its worthy to point out that the WTS has already 900 million plus on hand before the Brooklyn sell off.

The Canadian branch and UK branch had 60 to 70 million on hand each in recent non charity government instituted disclosers.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

But June was a game changer. All of a sudden, everyone had a check to put in the contribution box, some foregoing a Summer Vacation to support the WT Org......James Jack

The real Game Changer will be when..

JWs start Falling Behind on their Own Personal Bills..

We Can`t Give The WBT$ Any More Money................You Could Always Live..

.....WE CAN`T EVEN PAY OUR OWN BILLS....................UNDER A BRIDGE!..LOL!!..

....Image result for cant pay bills.............Image result for Watchtower anthony morris

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    This is such a depressing story I thought for sure that the May Broadcast was going shock some people into seeing the truth. Now I see though that people will believe whatever they want to believe. Truly sad.
  • Incognito
    Incognito
    we already give them a set amount of $600 a month, plus what is contributed by the congregation(usually $400 to $500 a month)

Who is the "WE" that give them $600/month when you refer to the $400-$500 the congregation gives as a "plus"?

• steve2
    steve2

So why is there the push for money? The simple answer is because the strategy works.

Perfect answer. It works. It also confirms what Rutherford said, "Religion is a snare and a racket".

This is such a depressing story I thought for sure that the May Broadcast was going shock some people into seeing the truth. Now I see though that people will believe whatever they want to believe. Truly sad.

File under "Sadder, but wiser". Yes, I had at one time harbored the delusion that the organization was somehow different, unique, better than other religious groups as regards calls for money. JW.org has simply done me a service by showing up my delusion. And the rank and file, rather than stopping and thinking through what the presure for money actually means, fall into line.

Brings to mind the unthinking compliance seen among members of the churches of Christendom - something JWs would regularly criticize the churches for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit