Some physicists believe our universe is a giant hologram

by EndofMysteries 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I wasn't entirely serious on older posts that our whole universe could technically be a computer simulation and this next thing isn't claiming that but it seems to nudge it closer to that possibility.

As taken from here http://www.vox.com/2015/6/29/8847863/holographic-principle-universe

"The idea isn't that the universe is some sort of fake simulation out of The Matrix, but rather that even though we appear to live in a three-dimensional universe, it might only have two dimensions. It's called the holographic principle.

The thinking goes like this: Some distant two-dimensional surface contains all the data needed to fully describe our world — and much like in a hologram, this data is projected to appear in three dimensions. Like the characters on a TV screen, we live on a flat surface that happens to look like it has depth.

It might sound absurd. But if when physicists assume it's true in their calculations, all sorts of big physics problems — such as the nature of black holes and the reconciling of gravity and quantum mechanics — become much simpler to solve. In short, the laws of physics seem to make more sense when written in two dimensions than in three.

There is more but that's a highlight of the article.

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate
    Bollocks
  • prologos
    prologos
    Thinking of the cosmos as having two "space" dimensions only, allows to visualise the time "dimension" as an entity through which all passes, but that does not make it reality, as in a hologram, not a gram of truth in this.
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    Computer... end program
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I can't dispute this theory, because I'm not a physicist.

When you consider that physics prove that we change the behavior of our world by observation, aka, Popping the Quiff, ( read that for a headache ) it's not hard to imagine something weirder.

Timey-wimey.......

DD

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

CoH said , "Bollocks"

I don't know what bollocks means, but if it means idiocy then I say,

' Bollocks '

• Twitch
    Twitch

Wrap yer mind around this one just for fun :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqeqW3g8N2Q

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit