Nicest thing a JW has ever done?

by aintenoughwiskey 32 Replies latest jw friends

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

I agree with you many have and do wonderful things for others - I think they would have done that even if they were not Dubs. May I have a personal trumpet blast here.....We have done and still are doing "things" for other dubs. That's just how it is. However when wife and I stopped attending the "good deeds" toward us ended like a light switch.

Agape' love is not supposed to work like that.

Current things we were able to do: Assist elderly sisters whose pensions are so minimal that they cannot come by in the month, with shopping and money - Why - cos the congo was not willing to assist them.

btw we are totally faded out now.

• Garrett
    Garrett
    When I left home at 18 I lived with a family. They made me part of the family and it was great... Now they shun me and won't speak with me. Woot!
  • disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

Going back about 30 years ago, a group of young witnesses from my congregation went to London. They were staying at a hotel for a few days. I and one of my friends wished we had gone too but couldn't afford to stay in the hotel.

A friend of ours who had gone to London arranged for us to stay at a sister's who they had met in the museum. We never got to meet this sister but she left us her keys at the museum with instructions to get to her flat. She didn't know us but trusted us because we were sisters.

Quite amazing really.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy
    The JW religion has many, many, good, loving people in it. We were the recipients of unusual kindness and generosity hundreds of times.
  • done4good
    done4good

I have mentioned this many times before. I have two dear JW friends that I owe both my education and career to. I would pay them back with anything they needed if it ever comes to it, even though I am still shunned by one of them. That one even allowed me to live in her house during a difficult period with my parents, when I started college. I will never forget that. I view them as better people than any family I ever had growing up, JW or not.

Were it not for the way the organization dehumanizes beautiful people like the ones I mention above, I would not be on this site still. While I would love to see the WT crash and burn, all I really want is those folks mentioned above, out.

d4g

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird
    There is an elder in my hometown congregation that always helps those in needs, too numerous to list. He does it without any hoopla or anyone knowing about it. He's not perfect, drinks too much and cusses too much for an elder but takes to heart the scripture to look after orphans and widows. If all elders were like him, there would probably be a lot more staying in the organization.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

With rare exceptions, it's not jw's themselves that are are bad. In fact most are just normal people that have been f*@ked over by the wtbts and the self diluted men that have been in charge. It wasn't all bad for me mainly because of the people. The bad was the stupid doctrine and distorted teachings that stifled my growth as a person. My bad for not looking sooner.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The nicest thing a JW ever did?

That JW would be me. Me being nice to other JWs who didn't deserve it.

Truly, pearls before swine.

• done4good
    done4good

Sparrowdown - The nicest thing a JW ever did?

That JW would be me. Me being nice to other JWs who didn't deserve it.

Truly, pearls before swine.

Keep in mind that system dehumanizes people, (like all extreme religions). I know I am a better person since leaving. Most of us probably are. Just a bit of a reality check I try to give myself sometimes.

d4g

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    dfg - a system that dehumanizes people? Sorry, do not compute, do not compute.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit