truckers holiday

by termite 35 7 Replies latest jw friends

• termite 35
    termite 35

Hi Trucker- you're right-mus'nt hi-jack, so i've got you your very own!

Glad you had a good time-I did the Lands End to John O,Groats trip on a bike years ago, when I was young!

It was a good experience but the weather in the Lake District was awful and I got soaked from then on until I hit John O' Groats- then, the clouds skudded away and the whole area was bathed in the brightest light i've ever seen-I could have happily stayed there and never gone back!

How's your bum??!!

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Hey Termite,Im honered,thanks.

Well Im still a biy saddle sore,my shoulders and neck ache,but it was great fun,I would do it again tomorrow,I met some good people,and wobbled my way out of a few hostelries,in fact I have a t shirt signed by all the locals of one pub,as somebody put it,its not very often we get somebody with a funny accent in here',I wasnt too sure how to take that,but it was fun.

I did try paddeling in loch Ness,it was freezing,and nessie totally ignored me,so I carried on.

Ive got some good memories,which is just as well,as the back of my camera came open and I lost all my pics!.

Take care,

Rich.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Trucker, sorry about the pics - gutted. I also love Scotland, and biking of course! You never know, one day I may be up for joining you on a tour!!!

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Your more than welcome Ballistic,there is a little club event in Sept' if your interested.

Must get some zzzzzz's now so catch up later.

Cheers,

Rich.

• termite 35
    termite 35

Sorry about the pics-did you loose them ALL? I was hoping to see them...

The natives sound friendly up there- glad to hear you were truly professional ambassador for your county and made the decision to fit in with the local customs even if it meant having to force yourself to drink a little...

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

WELCOME BACK TRUCKER

YOU WERE MISSED HERE MY FRIEND!

NOW GET THOSE ZZZZZZZ'S AND WE'LL CATCH YA LATER.

Karen

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hi Rich,

Sorry I missed you. I'm heading down to Glasgow, today, too.

C'est la vie. Maybe another time.

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Thanks everybody,

Yes I lost all my pics,I wasnt very impressed either,the air did turn blue when I discovered that.

The area I covered was,the lake district,pennines,yorkshire and of course bonnie Scotland,I didnt get wet on the outside at all so I had to make up on the inside,in the spirit of diplomatic relations of course,as termite quite rightly said.

Thanks for the welcome back.

take care,

Rich.

I did wonder about trying to look some of you up,but I was a bit late getting organised,next time maybe.

Edited by - TruckerGB on 29 August 2002 18:53:29

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit