Need to know

by A Paduan 6 Replies latest jw friends

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Can someone tell me definitely how the borg interprets this scripture ?

"Be careful how you hear, for to him who has more will be given and to him who has not....."

paduan

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Pad what is the scripture? Where is it?

• butalbee
    butalbee

Can someone tell me definitely how the borg interprets this scripture ?
    No, cuz the interpretation changes every day.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Lovedubs
    Luke.8

1. [18] Take heed then how you hear; for to him who has will more be given, and from him who has not, even what he thinks that he has will be taken away."

I suspect that they didn't pay attention to "how they hear", and so as they are given to go on with more of the same. Whereas, if they had not "thought evil in their hearts" about others, even what they had would be taken away.

paduan

Edited by - a paduan on 28 August 2002 18:42:0

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I'm not positive but I believe they interpret it as those who hear with their WHOLE HEARTS and believe in Christ with their WHOLE HEARTS will (in the long run) be blessed with much more then those who merely say they hear and believe and think they know but put their wants (material) first. Those will in the long run be losers and end up with nothing.

Plum

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

So, I suppose they interpret as "he who wants to have faith in jehovah's existence will receive more faith in jehovah's existence" - I thought that was probably something like it - I suppose it must be or else they'd be more careful with the way they keep building those sort of doctrines - "more will be given".

As they hear that very passage, they've already neglected the advice - "take heed how you hear".

paduan

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

So, I suppose they interpret as "he who wants to have faith in jehovah's existence will receive more faith in jehovah's existence"
    Yeh that seems to sum it up nicely. In order to really want to know more it must come from the heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit