Thread ratings....

by The_Bad_Seed 7 Replies latest jw friends

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

Why is it that some people 'rate' threads? I see them once in awhile, but really don't understand why it is that they do it. Whats the deal?

• SYN
    SYN

It makes us feel all warm & fluffy inside, just like Anna Nicole Smith.

• FiveShadows
  • dubla
    dubla

it was originally intended as a sort of guage for which threads were popular and which threads werent, but the idea pretty much flopped.

aa

• Simon
    Simon

I think people do it when they see something they particularly think is good. It is a way of indicating to other people that something is 'special' and deserves their attention. (well, that's what I think anyway)

• jack2
    jack2

Though I generally don't rate them, I am somewhat inclined to check out a thread that is well-rated. So in that sense, it does have some influence.

• Simon
    Simon

In case you were wondering about the bar itself ...

The ide is that it tells you the rating (how long it is) and roughly how many people have rated it (how wide it is). This gives you a quick indication of whether it's just one person who has rated it or many.

The 'rated' link at the top left lists the top 50 pages of rated topics in weghted order of popularity (this takes into account how many people have rated a thread) so a thread with an average of 4.5 rated by 20 people may come about a thread with a rating of 5 rated by 3 people.

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

*is enlightened*

Thanks

-Seed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit