JW Family. Urgent!!!

by Bendrr 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

***Edited for security***

To: All who can help. (you know who you are)

Re: Conversation with [family member] herein referred to as "M". Not to be confused with another family member also referred to as "M".

Report:

During phone conversation with M, M expressed concern that we may be having too much contact in view of my df'd status. I asked if M was referring to the recent KM insert about dealing with df'd ones. That disarmed M a little bit, and made the rest of the conversation easier.

M expressed the desire for me to come back to Jehovah. My response was that I have never left Jehovah, that I was only fired from an organization. To which M could present no rebuttal, and barely even tried.

Then I began to prep for my initial assault. I informed M that I would love to return to the association with the many people I grew up with and still care so much for, however there are far too many glaring problems with the organization that need to be addressed. I pointed out that I'm not saying "it's not the 'truth'" but sometimes you do indeed have to see the trees instead of the forest and in this case especially.

The initial assault:

Disfellowshipping/shunning, Alternative Military Service, The U.N. NGO issue. (M had never heard of it)., The Blood doctrine. And then I unleashed a tactical nuclear weapon in the "apostate" arsenal: Pedophiles. M has heard of the Dateline episode. An elder in M's congregation has taped it and the tape has been distributed in M's congregation. I urged M to get a copy, and offered mine. I also mentioned Leo Greenlees.

The Main Assault:

M asked for documentation proving the WTS/UN affiliation. I'll be researching here as much as I can, but would appreciate someone to point me in the right direction to find documentation from the UN regarding the requirements for NGO's and official documentation from the UN proving the WTS was in fact an NGO.

I think that would be sufficient as a first wave, with the second wave involving indepth information on the complete blood policy.

At this point, M is open to what I have to say therefore I must act quickly.

I'm calling for backup on this....STAT!

Col. J.R. "Bendrr" Brown, [classified]

• minimus
    minimus

see randy's site

• onacruse
  • Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

There are many who ask for "evidence" of the whole UN affair. Unfortunately, in most cases you provide the evidence and they go to plan B, which is "I still am loyal to the organization", "so they made a mistake and are no longer associated with the UN", "where else are we going to go?" etc.

I guess it is a good start. Maybe they it will get them to look further into things, but I wouldn't get your hopes too high. Sorry to be somewhat pessimistic, but things tend to play themselves out in the same familiar fashion over and over again.

Path

• Scully
    Scully

Bendrr:

Now that the original brou-haha over the UN-NGO affiliation has passed, perhaps you could tell M something along these lines:

"Well I think I know how you feel about looking at apostate websites, so why don't you write to the UN department of public relations and ask them if the WTS was affiliated as a Non-Governmental Organization? And if so, the duration of the affiliation. And whether or not the affiliation was required to obtain access to the UN's library, as the WTS claims was necessary? I'm sure they would be happy to put it in writing for you, and that way you won't have to upset your conscience by paying a visit to an apostate website. I bet they'd even correspond with you via fax, so you won't have to wait too long for a reply."

Once he realizes that he can go directly to the source and get a reply, he'll probably do just that.

I think I may have a copy of one of the letters, along with the articles from the Guardian around here in my files. I'll e-mail them to you if I can find them.

Love, Scully

• Swan
    Swan

It still floors me to think that the WTBTS would have anything to do with the UN, whom thay have repeatedly refered to as the disgusting thing that causes desolation and the scarlet colored wild beast! I know they were. Of that I have no doubt. I have seen the evidence first hand with my own eyes (my thanks to Venice's father). I just can't figure out why they would do such a thing as associate their "clean" organization with the UN as an NGO after decades of ranting and raving about the awful League of Nations and United Nations as being part and parcel of Satan the Devil's worldly organization.

Does anyone know why they joined the UN in the first place?

It sure has me stumped.

Tammy

• Dogpatch
  • Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,565005,00.html for a Guardian article about all of it.

http://www.un.org/MoreInfo/ngolink/ngodir.htm is the UN sight that had the JW's on there but I'm not sure if its still there or not.

• epicurius
    epicurius

bendrr

This may be of help

http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69/

Edited by - epicurius on 28 August 2002 9:4:35

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit