How do you feel about exJW's who resist our efforts to effect change?

by nicolaou 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I admire those that blog and youtube although I don't have time for it myself. I would never criticise them. Sometimes the reason people keep quiet about their past is because most people just don't get it. They look at you oddly if you say your family will not be getting together with you at Xmas or whatever. You can see them thinking, you must have done something, it can't be just religion.

• steve2
    steve2

Nic, to me it has seemed that apathy takes down most Witnesses, active or inactive or faded. Very few leave due to "apostasy" because very few worry about those kinds of "things". An awful lot of people in general spend their lives never quite sure about the truth or otherwise of religious beliefs but lack the wherewithal to take responsibility for what they believe.

I deduce that is true of many faders in the organization. We live in an age of "posed" questions and pre-digested answers. Each time a religious person poses a question about life, meaning and the universe, you just know they are not at all interested in your views. They are simply hooking you in to hear their official answer.

Conditioned from birth to receive pre-digested answers, it is little wonder belief and critical thinking do not sit well together. For many, if they must believe something, it needs to be taught to them by someone else, including representatives of religious organizations.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

I do not make an effort to bring people out of the cult. What conversations I have had with them, my younger sister and my mother before she died, were met with great resistance and a lot of JW-speak. I know that I did cause my mother to really think about things once because she responded that she didn't know how to answer to me once. So I have chosen to let sleeping dogs lie as far as my family members who are still in.

But I do speak up quite honestly at times to others about the cult, ones who have never been members. I feel educating the whole world about JW's being a mind control cult is beneficial. Also I have two nephews who have left the cult who I am able to give emotional support to, one in particular because he suffers PTSD that he attributes to being raised in the cult. I am fortunate in that my husband was never a cult member and my three sons want nothing to do with it. So the only family I could ever lose over it are extended family and we have never really been that close anyway.

Though I am not active in trying to effect change in those who still believe, I would never resist anyone's efforts to effect that change. The more who can be helped to see the truth about the truth and leave the Watchtower cult, the better. But I am too busy living my own life to spend time beating the drum.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How do you feel about exJW's who resist our efforts to effect change?

The WBT$ is alive and well..

Many JWs are happy right where they are,they`re never leaving..

Others will stay and support the WBT$,but come on line to complain..

JW`s who want to leave the WBT$.....WILL..

Nothing Anyone Does or Says on "Either Side" Will Change That..

....................At The End of the Day..

...........Image result for it doesn't.matter

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Agreed with everything I read on this page until I got to this;

JW`s who want to leave the WBT$.....WILL..
    Nothing Anyone Does or Says on "Either Side" Will Change That..

So we're all just pissing into the wind then Outlaw?

• steve2
    steve2

There is more than a grain of truth in what Outlaw says. I have never ever heard of a JW who has been "argued" out of the organization by others.

In contrast, those who have even a few misgivings about the organization who of their own volition go to different sites may follow up further on those misgivings - but they are seldom "spoon fed" the information by others. I was struggling with doubts even before I heard of Ray Franz - but once I investigated what he had written, I was motivated to make my own decision. But it would be wrong to say I had no choice in investigating. I could have decisiviely chosen to not explore my doubts, to swallow them and soldier on as many witnesses have chosen to do.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So we're all just pissing into the wind then Outlaw?.....nicolaou

Not at all Nicolou..

We can help the JW`s who want to be helped..

There`s not a thing we can do about JWs who love being JW`s.....It`s a Waste of Time..

If they ever Change their mind,we`re here for them..

This is a Good Example of Just That..

CLICK THE LINK BELOW:

A difficult yet necessary decision

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

My daughter and family are happy JW's , but they are not fanatical.

But if the day comes when they start questioning the organization I will be there

for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit