WTS CD-ROM Question

by The_Bad_Seed 6 Replies latest jw friends

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

Just wondering if any of you know how far back the publications are archived in their discs, and if anything has been purposely left out, or 'overlooked'. I want to pick up the complete set, and 'collect them all!'.

As for a donation, what do you suggest I donate when I try to pick up one of these gems?

Fourty dollars? Seventy cents?

A pancake?

Thanks.

-Seed

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

if you want a copy of the cd-rom i can burn one for you--found one in my old computer disks the other day. it's only the 1997 version. if you want a copy, let me know. btw, i'd even let you have it free heehee

beck

• jack2
    jack2

omg becky, you'd better check with Brooklyn first - you wouldn't want to violate their "Terms Of Agreement" clause that comes with the CD, would you? hehehehe.

• WTLies
    WTLies

The Watchtower magazine on the CD goes back to 1950 and the Awake to 1970. Most publications are there except for the 'Organized to Accomplish our Ministry' book, that's only for those who are baptized or about to be. As for changes and things deliberately left out, yes they have altered material that originally appeared in the Watchtower. For example:

"He (Paul) was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th Century" - Watchtower Jan 1, 1989 page 12 para 8

This was changed however when the bound volume and CD were made. A scan of the original Watchtower can be found here: http://www.jwfiles.com/20th-century.htm Notice the change:

"He (Paul) was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our day." Watchtower Jan 1, 1989 page 12 para 8

They tried to avoid being caught in another time prophecy by deleting the reference to the preaching work being completed by the year 2000. Even still, it is evident as with the 1975 prophecy they did strongly hint, that Armageddon would come before the end of the Century (year 2000)

"Some of that "generation" could survive until the end of the century. But there are many indications that "the end" is much closer than that!" (exclamation theirs) Watchtower March 1,1984 pg 18,19 para 12
    "And if the wicked system of this world survived until the turn of the century, which is highly improbable in the view of world trends..." Watchtower Oct. 1 1980 page 31
    Shortly within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern anti type of Jerusalem, Christendom.
    The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah - How? 1971 p. 216

As you can see once again the WT ends up proving itself to be a liar. I hope this info helps.

William,

Former member of a Non-Prophet Organization

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

Non-Prophet Organization

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for the info

-Seed

• Valis
    Valis

eyegirl!! I want a copy...please? I'll beg...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

oh travis, i won't make you beg......just email me your address. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit