Will the Digital Apocalyptic Propaganda Backfire?

by jw07 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jw07
    jw07

With the roll out of Watchtower 2.0 aka JW.org the corporation has been going to great lengths to bring the wacky doctrine that it has been preaching for decades to vivid reality. They have been painstakingly staging not only bible fables with heavy prop use and post production, but are trying to bring to life their projected future for mankind.

More recently they have been trying to play on the fears that people have of scenarios such as martial law unfolding and integrating their great tribulation doctrine mumbo jumbo in.

Regardless of what you think (for instance whether there may be martial law declared due to terrorist activity or natural disaster, or if that idea is just too far fetched) this sort of thing has a much greater impact when people see people placed in these scenes. As illogical as the great tribulation doctrine may be, JWs will not only place themselves in these scenarios, but will have their anticipation for them to be over with cranked up.

The question is:

In 2020, then 2025, then 2030 when they look back and see magazines like the Oct 15th 2015 WT with these vivid scenes will it cause dissonance to skyrocket far greater than the text and crappy illustrations did in the past?

New crap - Oct 15th 2015 Watchtower

Slightly older crap - Not sure when this was published

• Half banana
    Half banana
    If you are a doomsday cult; it's what you have to do!
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    A brother in our hall commented about the old picture. He said that he had talked to ones from Bethel and the little girl looking out of the picture is a technique to make you feel like you're in the scene. Everyone thought that was so amazing and showed that the Great Tribulation is coming soon. When he said that my immediate reaction was of disgust. To me it showed an intentional emotional manipulation and fear mongering that was unbelievable.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Digital Apocalypse"... I gotta remember that one.

JW_Rogue - "He said that he had talked to ones from Bethel and the little girl looking out of the picture is a technique to make you feel like you're in the scene. Everyone thought that was so amazing..."

Apparently Basic Psychology 101 is "amazing".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JW07 - "...they are trying to bring to life their projected future for mankind."

Can you imagine trying to get the budget and greenlight for an WT-produced epic film adaptation of the Revelation Climax book?

• sir82
    sir82

intentional emotional manipulation and fear mongering

I suspect you ain't seen nothing yet.

• millie210
    millie210
    If the pictures in the old Paradise book didnt send people running I dont see why these pictures will when they are old

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit