Control the past, the present ..the future?

by MacHislopp 5 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello,

It is my opinion that the following quotes by the WTBS
    publications, cannot co-exist , one eliminates the other, and I do
    believe that this is a another proof of "history rewritten" ….
    “ Orwellian” way …to control the past, the present and the…
    future.

*** w71 12/15 760 A Governing Body as Different from a Legal Corporation ***
    HOW THE GOVERNING BODY CAME TO EXIST
    How did this governing body make its appearance in recent times? Evidently under the direction of Jehovah God and his Son Jesus Christ. According to the facts available, …

C. T. Russell was patently of that governing body back there in the last quarter of the nineteenth century."

Compare with :

*** w71 12/15 757 A Governing Body as Different from a Legal Corporation ***
    GOVERNING BODY
    According to the apostolic example of the first century C.E., these dedicated, baptized Christians known today as Jehovah’s witnesses have a governing body, as specifically noted from the year 1944 onward.

What I have difficulty to understand is that the two quotes are only a few pages
    apart…on the same watchtower article! How is it possible to write with such
    differences?

Any comments? Thank you very much...!

Agape, J.C.MacHislopp

• LDH
    LDH

Hmmmm let's see.

C. T. Russell was patently of that governing body back there in the last quarter of the nineteenth century

ok, so that would be from 1875 to 1900, right?

According to the apostolic example of the first century C.E., these dedicated, baptized Christians known today as Jehovah’s witnesses have a governing body, as specifically noted from the year 1944 onward.

So, what happened from the time CTR was a member of the GB until the New Improved arrangement in 1944?

That's at least 50 years where, say, where we don't admit that we HAD a GB?

For what purpose?

• dedalus
    dedalus

MacHislopp,

You have to think like a Witness. See, it's all very obvious: the GB has existed since the last quarter of the previous century, and Russel was "patently of" the GB at that time, but it wasn't until much later, in 1944, that the GB was "specifically noted." So you see, there was a governing body, it's just that no one called it that. It took a while to realize that it had always been there.

That's about the answer you'd get, with the arrogant Witness talking to you like you were a toddler who couldn't yet add two and two and get the right answer (which is five, of course).

Dedalus, humming the tune of "I've got a green bible blues"

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

what we have here is a symbolic foreshadowing and a parallel between jesus and ct russell.
    jesus foreshadows ct russell. jc founder of christianity and russell founder of jw's.
    the missing years of jesus parallel the missing years of watchtower artcles and whereabouts of the GB.
    i hope this new light is beneficial to all
    of the prophetic class
    CHUCK

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

A very good write-up on this topic can be found at:

http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/ludwig7/reorg.htm

This article was written shortly after the Watchtower Society reorganized in October 2000.

It's interesting to see the change from Russell

Often when asked by others, Who is that faithful and wise servant? – Brother Russell would reply: ‘Some say I am; while others say the Society is.’ Both statements were true, for Brother Russell was in fact the Society in a most absolute sense, in this, that he directed the policy and course of the Society without regard to any other person on earth.

to Rutherford

The Theocracy is at present administered by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, of which Judge Rutherford is the president and general manager.

to Knorr

To keep matters in proper perspective, however, it was pointed out that when The Watchtower referred to "The Society," this meant, not a mere legal instrumentality, but the body of anointed Christians that had formed that legal entity and used it. Thus the expression stood for the faithful and discreet slave with its Governing Body."

When I was a JW, I always imagined that the Governing Body solicited advice and articles from the anointed ones around the world. When I read Crisis of Conscience, I was shocked to find out that this is not true.

I wonder if the many WTS corporations will eventually begin wrestling with each other for dominance, as did the twelve tribes?

Ginny

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Mac,

I think the answer is much simpler than we have imagined.

Brother xxxxxxxx of the Writing Department wrote page 757

whereas

Sister xxxxxxxxx, the wife of the brother shown above told him what he should have written, and he included that when he got to page 760.

Simple, really. 8&>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit