Saddle Sore

by Seven 4 Replies latest social physical

• Seven
    Seven

RedhorseWoman-I had the most wonderful time riding
    today even if it was in the 90's and the humidity the same. I only fell off once, lol, in the water no less. Where I made my first error was in telling the guide I had rode before(the Merry-go-round). I insisted on a red horse. They matched me up with an Appaloosa-red/white/red spots. She was a beautiful beast. The ride took 2hrs. and we went through a small canyon, over a waterfall, followed an old deer trail deep into the woods and came to a lake(where I fell in). We came to a large open meadow and followed a trail to the top of the mountain and back to the stable.
    I have to tell you I really loved it, but I'm in need of a good massage and a soak in a hot bath. The horses loved the carrots and apples. I would have never tried riding if not for reading your posts about how much fun it is. Thanks. I'm going to enjoy this for a long time.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

7, glad you had a good time. I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but the more you ride, the less sore you'll be. Once you learn to balance and go "with" the horse, you'll get tired (after all, you DO use a LOT of muscles...more than you'd think), but you won't be sore.

We don't go out too often, but when we do, we ride for about 2 to 3 hours....it's great.

Glad you brought the treats for the little guys....I KNOW they appreciated them.

• micheal
    micheal

giddy'up

• Simon
    Simon
    I'm in need of a good massage and a soak in a hot bath

I'm on Expedia now looking at flights!

Glad you enjoyed it. I can remember we used to be able to hire horses as kids and ride round the town on them (probably wouldn't be allowed now!)

They scared the life out of me.

• Mac
    Mac

Tried to break a pony once...after all, it's just a pony, right?.........BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!

mac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit