How the new US gay marriage ruling could cause trouble for the WTS

by sir82 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The Bible (and thus the WT) does not condemn homosexuality where there is no homosexual activity. It condemns fornication, regardless of whether the one practicing it is homosexual or heterosexual.

JW are against all homosexual conduct, including romantic conduct involving kissing or holding hands. Person would have to break off the relationship before being accepted into the congregation. If same sex persons started to kiss or get romantic during religious service, I am pretty sure they would be told to stop.

Many JWs are celibate homosexuals, or they marry persons of the opposite sex.

Some, not many.

I know of situations where persons of the same sex live together and act just like married couples (for instance, sitting together at every meeting and holding hands during every prayer), and nothing is ever said.

The meetings are open to the public, but romantic relationships between same sex, kissing, holding hands, is against jw.

Not only does the Supreme Court Decision authorize gay marriage, but it also legalizes "gay" sex under marriage. Prior to marriage, gay romantic conduct is also legal. Gay romantic and sexual conduct is the law of the land. Gay marriages can now legally adopt without discrimination and can teach their children gay conduct.

It would be very challenging for jw to conduct a Bible study with married gay persons having children. To qualify as a JW, It would result in divorce, child custody, child support, and the children would not be happy that their home was broken up. In the USA, homosexuality is the law of the land.

The law does NOT say that Churches, religions, or clergy has to perform, accept or condone same sex marriage. Only States. You know chruch is still separate from state, right?

But a lot of religious fanatics are angry about it and also a lot of religions that are not politically neutral. And it is just a matter of time until the law butts heads with them on something derived from the ruling.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

As society becomes more and more civilized and advanced it will become more more difficult for the WT corporation to implement the edicts of a bronze age psychopathic Deity/Jehovah. When is the last time somebody was put to death for picking up stick for firewood on a Saturday? The issue of gay acceptance and human kindness and understanding will loom large over the head of this corporation that has built itself upon the value system of this has been Deity who time has run out on the clock.

Numbers 15:32-36:
    While the people of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation. 34 They put him in custody, because it had not been made clear what should be done to him. 35 And the LORD said to Moses, “The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” 36 And all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death with stones, as the LORD commanded Moses.

• Dedorio
    Dedorio

the root of being gay/lesbian is satanism. being gay is strongly encouraged by satanists. so if jw cn allow gays/les in their ranks, then all tht I hv read about in a bible would be false!

jehovaz witnesses I expect thm to differ from satans's world! yeah thts right, in case you dnt know, the ruler of our world is satan! therefore, am not expecting jw to be loved and cherishd by satans world! I am looking forward to those gays who would force jw to marry em!

jw dnt take no crap frm no government, ask hitler he knows! jw cn fight a war with any government and win with out using weapons.

• Dedorio
    Dedorio

jw are a typo government! jw are invincible! they CAN NOT BE DEFEATED BY ANY GOVERNMENT(satans puppet).

so my advice to anyone wh is anti-jw is to do one of two thing, WAGE A WAR AGAINST THEM AND HOPE TO WIN, or BACK OFF!

you see dying, or jail time is not even the last thing jw worry about. tht is what makes the war against jw so extra hard

• azor
    azor
    Dedorio. Try spell check on ms word so we can understand what you are trying to say. You spelled Satan correctly. I'm not sure if you might be possessed with your unhinged diatribe or accusing everyone else of being satanic. Oh wait maybe it's both.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Rufus T. Firefly: "...Why would any gay person in his or her right mind want to be a JW?"

If there are gay Republicans then anything is possible.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    the root of being gay/lesbian is satanism. being gay is strongly encouraged by satanists. so if jw cn allow gays/les in their ranks, then all tht I hv read about in a bible would be false!

Really? How many Satanists do you know? ROFL.

Somebody, please verify is the year is 2015 or 1615?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Dedorio. is this a satirical joke ?

Or are you nuts ?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Finkelstein: "Dedorio. is this a satirical joke ?"

He has only posted twice in the past two hours. What a way to introduce one's self.

• coalize
    coalize
    the only thing positive when I read the shit written by Dedorio, it's even when I was a brain-washed-JW, I never was so pathetically dumb...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit