How are the JW's reacting to the new USA gay marriage laws?

by purrpurr 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Clambake
    Clambake
    In Canada you are considered common law if you live together for more than six months and in the eyes of the law you are married.
  • sir82
    sir82
    Thank you for the Canadian civics lesson, but I don't see how it supports your argument that the purpose of marriage is the "procreation of the species".
  • Clambake
    Clambake

You born in 1982 ?

You will figure it out go to collect a pension cheque that isn't there in 40 years because we didn't treat unions between men and women any different than any other union.

Marriage=families=future tax payers.

Now children aren't in the cards for everyone but that is the expection, not the rule.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

but I don't see how it supports your argument that the purpose of marriage is the "procreation of the species".

Sir 82

The Inuit in Canada's far North for example have treated their marriages as venues for survival and procreation of the human species for thousands of years. It's part of the culture. It was not dreamt up by some crazy adam and eve story either.

• sir82
    sir82

Now children aren't in the cards for everyone but that is the expection, not the rule.

So women over 50 shouldn't be allowed to marry? Prospective couples should be tested prior to marriage licenses being granted, and if infertile, no marriage should be permitted?

PS was born before 1982!

• sir82
    sir82

The Inuit in Canada's far North for example have treated their marriages as venues for survival and procreation of the human species for thousands of years. It's part of the culture. It was not dreamt up by some crazy adam and eve story either.

Hooray for the Inuit!

No idea what that has to do with gay marriage though.

• millie210
    millie210
    Clambake
    Now everyone is going to get to use everyone insurance plans and be entitled to each other pensions because they had sex with each other ?

Well lets reverse that thought and see what we have....

should two people who have worked at jobs for 20 or 30 years not be able to have their pension work the same way as anyone elses?

Shouldnt what happens with a pension be based on years worked paying in to the system itself and not on type of genitalia?

Is that "more/less" fair?

• Nicky Whitehouse
    Nicky Whitehouse
    "Clambake 26 minutes ago
    In Canada you are considered common law if you live together for more than six months and in the eyes of the law you are married. "
    @ Clambake - you are very misinformed. In Canada you must apply for common law status - and you must prove you have lived with your partner consecutively for 12 months in a relationship like a marriage.
    Get your facts right before fear-mongering.
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I saw a couple JW's dust off the ole "adam and eve not adam and steve" chestnut. I found it to be entertaining.

• Clambake
    Clambake

I heard this story on CBC radio about these two spinster sister that lived together for like 80 years , basically their entire lives. Like of like Patty and Selma from the Simpsons.

They both worked at the same job for like 50 years but at different companies. Very loyal employees.

Then the one sister dies. The surviving sister tries to collect widows benefits from the insurance company. The claim is rejected and of course it should be.

She later takes it to court and wants the definition of same sex union changed. Of course it doesn’t work but the entire story was just heart breaking. Her relationship with her sister had much more substance in terms of economics and emotions than two dudes having anal sex for 6 months.

Now where does it stop ?

I stay just leave it at a union of a man and women.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit