Need to locate support groups in Japan

by LovesDubs 4 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I need your help to find support groups in Japan for a JW I met online who is very down in the dumps. She is very lonely and doesnt feel welcome in her own congregation, and her job situation is bad as well. She needs somebody to talk to and Im afraid she will commit suicide if she doesnt find somebody to talk to soon. You know how they feel about shrinks...thats not even an option, but other JWs or EXJWs who can talk openly to her might be what she needs. Please help!

• LDH
    LDH

Any luck, LovesDubs?

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

LovesDubs:

This is a long shot, but the I believe the person who does the site at www.jwic.com is Japanese. At least, the main part of the site is in Japanese and about Japan. At the bottom of the English pages, there is a feed back link.

You could ask him/her if they know of any support groups.

Sorry, that's all I can come up with.

Expatbrit

Edited by - expatbrit on 21 March 2001 21:18:8

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Drop me a line privately. I regularly correspond with an ex-JW in Tokyo.
    JIM

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Thank you for the great site Expat, I left a message for the editor of that site...and Jim I have written to you as well. This poor lady, nobody in the JW chat room paid any attention to her at all, and I could feel something was wrong in her life. When I contacted her in IMs, she was so grateful to have somebody to talk to, even a disassociated JW...the JWs were very cold and uncaring to her. She was afraid for my destruction at Armageddon because I was not a JW any more and said she was going to pray to Jehovah to guide me. I said "I believe he already is guiding me...I found you didnt I?" And she said, "well... yes" And I said, "And he must be guiding you too, because he knows you need help, and even though Im an EXJW, you are talking to me arent you?" There was a long pause...and she said "yes, I am arent I." Her initial statement was that God no longer heard her prayers...I think he has, loud and clear. The help is just not coming from the direction she expected it to :)

Thanks everyone. I knew I could count on you. xoxox

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit