On the Relevancy of The Institutionalization of Sin

by Perry 131 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82
    You know a thread has jumped the shark when someone brings up gay sasquatches.....
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

i dunno sir82, when you start a conversation with talk about god and the bible you are pretty much already in Sasquatch territory. Loch Ness, sasquatch, yhwh...

Maybe we can change the Fonzy inspired expression to "Jumping the squatch"

• steve2
    steve2
    I like Perry's threads - as said earlier, he never disappoints and it helps posters clarify their views on topics that often evoke more heat than light. Best of all, Perry's a little on the less-strident side than some who share his literalist views. He also comes across as a decent man, which I think is reflected in posters' responses. There are vigorous exchanges of view but not the personal hits seen in some threads. The humor's weird but great too.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

"Jumping the squatch"

😂😂

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I think this picture I found on the internet sums it all up lol

• millie210
    millie210
    steve215 minutes agoI like Perry's threads - as said earlier, he never disappoints and it helps posters clarify their views on topics that often evoke more heat than light. Best of all, Perry's a little on the less-strident side than some who share his literalist views. He also comes across as a decent man, which I think is reflected in posters' responses. There are vigorous exchanges of view but not the personal hits seen in some threads. The humor's weird but great too.

All good to know steve, thank you.

Ok then....maybe I will go back to page one and take a look!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    He also comes across as a decent man . .

Lots of dangerous men come across as decent. Perry may not have any ill intent but there are so many newbies escaping to here from the cult recently that I do worry about the influence uneducated fundamentalists like Perry have.

He's quite happy to peddle woo and bunk to folks who are bruised and tender already. He'll keep them locked in an ideology of ignorance and dependence when what they really need is encouragement to question and research.

Perry will never encourage anyone to be a freethinker, he doesn't understand the concept.

• Patrick45
    Patrick45

Each time someone supports the biblical take on sexual relations, there is strong polarization, even hatred. This intolerance is generating so much intolerance, funny no.

The concept of sin is more and more rejected by most, to the point of criminalizing those who dare to say that same-sex relations are wrong in the eyes of the God of the Bible.

If there is no God why should you worry, or if your conviciton is that we are free to do whatever crosses our heart why feeling attacked?

I want to point to a more grave problem related to sexuality. Worldwide some 40 000 000 humans are killed by abortion each year. This is very immoral in my eyes and unmatched in history. There is much blood being shed in the name of liberty and freedom. If people would respect the law of the Bible this misery would be prevented to a high degree.

What humanity does not grasp, is that it is beneficial to us to respect the divine given precepts. Peace to you all

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Well I can tell you that no gay people are contributing to the 40,000,000 abortions each year...

The reason it is so disturbing is these ideas are shadows and impressions of much darker times of religion. There were times when genocide, and rape, and torture, slavery etc ruled and that is what we would be talking about (oh wait there are very religious places in the world where that still takes place!)

So here we make a big fuss about if bruce and gary can have a piece of paper that says they get to be married, where as in places in the middle east, the fuss isn't about whether or not they can have this piece of paper too, its that they should be murdered.

So don't make the sick, outdated, bigoted bad ideas from a man made desert god out to be innocent ideas. Free speech allows you to believe and say whatever you want. Don't take criticism as us saying you can't think how you like. Apologist are as intolerant of criticism as they are of gay sasquatch!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

reimagine your words if this were say 50? 100? 150? years ago patrick

Each time someone supports the biblical take on SLAVERY, there is strong polarization, even hatred. This intolerance is generating so much intolerance, funny no...

The concept of SLAVERY is more and more rejected by most, to the point of criminalizing those who dare to say that SLAVERY IS RIGHT in the eyes of the God of the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit