On the Relevancy of The Institutionalization of Sin

by Perry 131 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The_Doctor10
    The_Doctor10

I never understood how someone would leave the WTS for any other religion. I just dropped my faith like a hot potato after 25 years of indoctrination in JW hullabaloo.

So much easier living without having all of the judgemental thoughts running through my head due to what I was taught by the GB. I just treat people on a person to person basis, if whatever is happening is taking place between consenting adults, then it's on the up-and-up as far as I'm concerned.

After losing my faith, I found it silly that I ever was concerned with what a supposed omniscient, omnipresent, all-powerful, all-wise creator who had the entirety of the universe to attend to, that somehow one of his main concerns was what consenting adults do while naked. Downright comical looking back on it all now.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Nonsense, there is the little matter of the constitution.

Amendments can and have been repealed. If public sentiment coincides with Washington agenda, the First Amendment could be replaced. It seems as if public sentiment is already heading in that direction. I'm not predicting that it will happen, but it's certainly possible.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "Homosexuality is a genetic disorder"

I don't think disorder is the right word for it.

"At contrary, they tends to prove that homosexuality is basically normal."

I don't think normal is the right word for it either.

Homosexuality is a natural and harmless anomaly that affects a small percentage of sexually reproducing species.

Disorders are deleterious disruptions of the normal functioning of the mind or body. Being attracted to the same sex is not a deleterious disruption of the functioning of the mind or body.

However, homosexuals have bodies that are "designed" for heterosexual intercourse, so the fact that they are sexually attracted to the same sex does not fit with their "design" and so is not normal.

So homosexuality is basically a harmless anomaly affecting a small percentage of sexually reproducing species. Given that it is harmless, there is no point in treating it or trying to outlaw it or trying to restrict the desires or sexual privileges normally afforded to heterosexuals.

Discriminating against homosexuals is as stupid as discriminating against left-handed people.

The bible is a backward book written centuries before the dark ages, when ignorance, prejudice and superstitions reigned supreme. It is foolish to look to a book that condones/orders genocide, slavery, misogyny, etc, as an infallible moral guide of right and wrong.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    mendments can and have been repealed. If public sentiment coincides with Washington agenda, the First Amendment could be replaced. It seems as if public sentiment is already heading in that direction. I'm not predicting that it will happen, but it's certainly possible.

No, it really isn't. The first amendment is crucial to our country, it will not be amended. You may have been one who hated the ACLU for championing causes you found to be distasteful, but they will be the first people to step in and defend you for exercising your free speech. No Washington agenda could stop free speech, nor would anyone who wants to repeal the first amendment ever get elected to attempt to drop so.

Sorry, but this just seems like sour grapes,because your opinion is now not the majority and you don't like that.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/millennial-media/201304/do-racism-conservatism-and-low-iq-go-hand-in-hand

Hodson and Busseri (2012) found in a correlational study that lower intelligence inchildhood is predictive of greater racism in adulthood, with this effect being mediated (partially explained) through conservative ideology. They also found poor abstract reasoning skills were related to homophobic attitudes which was mediated through authoritarianism and low levels of intergroup contact.

• Village Idiot
  • kaik
    kaik

I never understood how someone would leave the WTS for any other religion. I just dropped my faith like a hot potato after 25 years of indoctrination in JW hullabaloo.

Some people feels that WT is not radical enough, and will leave to pursue even more radical, crazy religion with more extreme devotion that they had left behind.

• steve2
    steve2

An earlier poster asserted that the Catholic Church spearheaded human rights. Rubbish! Churches in general have been opposed to the notion of securing human rights. Instead, secular society has spearheaded human rights. When fifmly in plsce, secured through the legislature, mainstream churches have mouthed their johnny-come-lately support. Churches have often expressed morally-psnicked reservations about people wanting rights, too quick to cry, What about these people talking about their responsibilities instead?

Women, black Americans, ethnic minorities, gays and lesbians and children, among others, have rights enshrined in law thanks primarily to secular, liberal governments.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm sorry but reading this makes me wonder who else God hates? The Bible has been used in the past to hate black people, foreign people, people that don't believe in talking snakes.

Why not list the people YOU hate Perry and then tell us why the Bible miraculously agrees with your bigotry?

....and anyone else, can you justify why god is a bigot like you are?

• The1975Blues
    The1975Blues

China has exterminated around 400,000,000 babies girls, how come that does not bother anyone? You complain the God of the Bible destroyed people practicing wickedness in his view and he does not have the right to take action against people and tribes he decided were ruining his world.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/taslima/2012/04/30/its-a-girl-kill-her/ I found all kinds of sources dealing with the deaths of females and how bummed parents were they had a girl only to get rid of it as fast as they could.

How come nobody complains female babies are slaughtered by the Millions every year? Who gave humanity the permission to decide "girls are worthless", and parents have the right to kill as many babies as they desire as long as they get their little boy. China butchers up to 11,000,000 babies every year, the bulk being girls, still we worry about issues of Gay Marriage, Transgender rights while the Asian Countries have killed more people than God probably will when the End finally comes.

Having read plenty of history on this topic, nobody sees all the parallels taking place before our eyes like we are all blind. If the Governments do go after Religion as the JWs predicted, that might be spooky to anyone who ever preached the United Nations will go after religion and than after the JW Religion. You need to think what your asking for, if everything starts heading down that path we were all taught, how much dread will you feel once you see some Antichrist appear?

The Jews and Christians did their best to stop "infantcide", they tried and tried to help babies left to die have a chance for life. Now we are changing our views worried about groups that have no tolerance for all groups, because if you do disagree with a group on a topic, they stop tolerating and soon your the focus of hate. Think about what your asking for, so many events happening before our eyes, with our luck we would be slipping on out right before a new shift in God's Policy is about to take place.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-news/item/14845-china-reports-336-million-abortion-in-last-forty-years

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit