Do you ever feel strangely drawn towards Conspiracy Theories?

by JW_Rogue 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

I have to say that after leaving the WT I firmly believe everything the Government says, specially if it is the Government of the USA, which is the country where this cult and other similar ones built their comfortable nests.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JW_Rogue - "I was reading an older WT the other day and it said 'the doctrine of evolution' I thought that was funny. Science doesn't have doctrines and people aren't forced to believe anything without proving it to themselves first."

I suspect that some people have immersed themselves so deeply in their religion for so long that they've become incapable of viewing anything outside of a theological - i.e. "doctrinal" - context.

JW_Rogue - "Why such hate and disdain for science?"

Anything that threatens an all-encompassing worldview is viewed with disdain and hostility, particularly when someone's entire emotional well-being has become utterly dependent on said worldview.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Do I every feel strangely drawn to conspiracy theories?

Well, sometimes I feel drawn to them the same way I feel drawn to a good comedy or drawn to gawking at the site of a terrible, guts-spilling, brain-splattering, limb-scattering car crash. But drawn to them the way I'm drawn to finding out the truth of a matter - no.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

When I was first becoming awake I would say that I was more susceptible to conspiracy theories and those that seek to exploit it for what ever reason.

We know conspiracy exists because they have law against it but we know human's who try to sensationalize something have their agenda. It takes time to break free from our own gulliblity after leaving the cult and the internet is a great source to do research and find out stuff and be smarter.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Labeling some concepts as "Conspiracy Theories" and thereby insinuating that anyone not believing as you do might speak to your history as jws. This desire to label and ridicule others is a prime tactic of the witnesses, so perhaps you might ask yourself why you feel compelled to announce your "superiority" in such a manner.

Learning TTATT is straying from the "norm" of jw beliefs. Believing in something other than what the mainstream media preaches has parallels.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit