Why did I really leave?

by tdogg 4 Replies latest jw friends

• tdogg
    tdogg

So I was working alone the other day and my mind wandered back into the past. There are things that we do that we do not understand untill years later. I read about the heroic efforts some make to leave the JW's and I read about the noble reasons that many have for leaving. But I had to make an honest oberservation about myself and the one thing that finally drove me to begin to leave the organisation.

There are of course many contributing factors but the one powerful force that drove me even after all the prgramming and study and warnings and fear and guilt was, well, sex. I wanted to get laid. Bottom line. The storybook route of finding that near-perfect sister to marry and wait out the end of this system was not going to work for me. I needed it and I needed it right then.

I remeber riding in a car with some older teen witnesses who each began telling about the time that they had sinned and here they all were back in the fold. I was embarrassed that I was still a virgin and I was angry that they could do this and still be accepted when I had lived up to everything that the WT had demanded of me and I was being somewhat ridiculed by my fellow witnesses.

I think about all of the opportunities I had passed upon, all of the young ladies who didn't quite understand and I am amazed that I lasted that long. It probably was for the best however. The only regret I guess I have is that I had to feel so guilty after finally giving in to my natural desires. I do not feel guilty now and I am thankful that primal desires were far stronger in me than years of indoctrination because the course that I chose led me to freedom from the prison of the WTS.

• troucul
    troucul

that's the most intelligent thing i've heard on this site in a while, tdogg

• Dawn
    Dawn

. I do not feel guilty now and I am thankful that primal desires were far stronger in me than years of indoctrination because the course that I chose led me to freedom from the prison of the WTS.

Right on !!

I was DF'd twice because of sex. Those elders must thing I am a nympho...............bet they miss me

• Liberty
    Liberty

Hi Tdogg,

You really left because you couldn't stomach the hypocracy whether you give yourself credit for this or not. The Society would love for JWs to think that most left "to satisfy their selfish bestial desires" but the fact is that sex sins are the least likely things to get you in real trouble with the Society. Your story about how easy it was for your fellow sex offenders to get reinstated proves that! If it's just about weakness/lack of control you will get a warm welcome back if you tow the party line. Ex-JWs are mostly people who were sick of the lies and playing the games and are not sexual deviants maniacly demonized into hating Jehovah despite what the Society says. It's easy to be a middle of the road moral midget and remain a JW in good standing but if you are smart enough or care enough to be true to yourself you are already on your way out. Give yourself some credit you saw through the BS and that's really why you left not because you needed sex. Sex is everywhere in WT land it just comes with irrationality and pointless guilt.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

tdogg
    I left for the same reason, only I'm gay. I've told lot's of people I'm really glad I'm gay, because if I weren't I may still be a djub. Of course, after leaving I found out that there are many other reasons I should have left long before I did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit