How would you answer this?

by ozziepost 1 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

In my daily Bible reading this morning, I read from Luke Chapter 8 about the man in the country of the Gerasenes who was demon-possessed. Jesus cured this man by commanding the demons to come out of him and enter into pigs who jumped over a cliff into the sea. Then verses 38,39 read:

"However, the man from whom the demons had gone out kept begging to continue with him, but he dismissed the man, saying: 'Be on your way back home, and keep on relating what things God did for you'. Accordingly he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city what things Jesus did for him." (NWT)

I notice that Jesus told him not to tell of the things GOD did for him, and the narrative states that he proclaimed the things JESUS did for him.

I remember that this passage was included in the Great Teacher book discussions at the Book Study, but I don't recall it being highlighted.

The Watchtower Publications Index does not appear to mention it either.

Has anyone come across any reference to this seeming contradiction in any of the publications?

Is it a contradiction?

Or is.............?!

Does anyone have an answer?

Ozzie (of the intrigued class)

• uncle_onion
    uncle_onion

Hi

Funny this one as I had an Evangelical vicar around the other day to try and "prove" to me the Trinity and this was the first scripture that he showed me.

The classical JW answer will be that because Jesus gets his power from Jehovah, then this is what the scripture means.

Seems to me that there are scriptures for and against the Trinity. It is not clear cut as we were led to believe as JWs.

Uo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit