Car analogy

by campaign of hate 4 Replies latest jw friends

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

I was driving along a busy road the other day, and their was a LOT of cars going in the opposite direction. I thought to myself, "why is there so many cars going the other way, when it's so quiet on my side of the road?"

An obviously stupid thought, because there was more than likely the same amount of traffic travelling the same direction as me, i just obviously couldn't see it, as i'm couped up in my car.

Sometimes i think i'm the only one who is awake to the WT BS. I wonder why there seems to be so many active JWs who think differently to me and are toeing the line.

But the reality is, just because we can't see any traffic going the same direction as us, doesn't mean it isn't there. Chances are, the ratio is about the same as what we can visibly see travelling the opposite direction.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Agree!!

I'll bet there is a considerable percentage of J.W.'s in every congregation who have "switched off" and disagree with so many of the Org's changes in doctrines & practices.

Fear is what's keeping them on auto-pilot within the congregation - nothing more!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I agree searcher. People are just to scared to voice their opinions.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Ditto!

And while most are scared to openly voice their opinions because the ramifications can be severe, if you listen carefully, you can hear many of them whispering/murmuring. Many are confused. Many are to the point of discontent. The constant propaganda and the fear of "Jehovah's wrath" keep them from fully questioning things. And, where else would they go? Being alone is scary.

Doc

• Oogie
    Oogie
    I really wish there was a way to tell if someone was awake without possibly outing yourself to the wrong people. There are so many people I still care about that I would be thrilled to find out if they were mentally out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit