Is it necessary to prepare for the Watchtower or book study?

by BashfulAshG 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Sir82

Our WT conductor bragged, in a service meeting interview, that he literally goes over the article 4 separate times in advance, prior to conducting the study.

I got a better one. An old coot used to brag that he started on Monday and each day after that till Saturday night. Once each day. When the CO heard about it, they had him give his experience in one of the Circuit Assemblies and everyone clapped like crazy. Total hours studying one article, between 12-15 hours.

His wife ran off with a worldly man.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

I found that pre studying at home. Then going through it all again at the meeting was a good way to brain wash everyone. You know..........repetition for emphasis/indoctrination.

Not too many comments are allowed that don't come directly from the magazine, for the magazine has the answer supplied.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Is it necessary to prepare for the Watchtower or book study?

Watchtower Questions are Pre Scripted.....Watchtower Answers are Pre Scripted..

Studying for the Watchtower Study is Like..

................................ Studying to Read the Ingredients..

........................................ON A CAN OF STAGG CHILI..

http://www.cfcl.com/vlb/weblog/archive/2beanchili.jpg

Who Knows If There`s ......................Oh!..Oh!!..Oh!!..

BEANS IN STAGG CHILI?!...............PICK ME!..PICK ME!!..

..........Image result for Jehovahs witness meeting

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Not unless you have only a 1st grade education.
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    Outlaw, you just outdid yourself!!! ROFLOL
  • SoCal101
    SoCal101
    Just more control on you life by controlling your time. Used to hate it when my dad would make us study for that crap!
  • BashfulAshG
    BashfulAshG
    To study this four times means that you are a little slow.
  • zimunzucz
    zimunzucz

JW have shown themselves to be blockheads when it comes to deciphering the faithful slave's "meat in die season"- types, anti-types, greater, lesser-- they used to say, well, only the anointed can understand today' s 'Tower and then everyone in the group would smile and nod their heads- except the end of 6000 years of human existence and the date -1975 on chart in the "freedom" book, now all the JWs knew what the hidden meaning was in that book!

• Ding
    Ding

It's all about indoctrination.

If you parrot the WT enough in the meetings, you'll parrot it in your head day and night and that will prevent any independent thinking.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

No. in fact no one need any other book that a bible if they wish to only to read about the history of the early days of Christianity.

here is why i think that.

I wondered where in the bible it is told to us that we need to read doctrine and 'study or even read ' the bible.

what i found is interesting to me because according to what i understand it is not a rule, or law, or requirement for salvation . [nor apparently is prayer any sort of command]

my bible gateway research is below. i looked up he word 'read' and at all times it is only referring to the law code [oddly in several scriptures this is called the book or law of moses as if God had nothing to do with it]

of which I thought was not applicable to people today if the y accept Christ as their savior.

the old 'read it in an undertone day and nigh' t,bla bla mentioned once only applying to the law. and the word study is spoken of rarely in scripture

here is all i found.

8:18
    Day after day, from the first day to the last, Ezra read from the Book of the Law of God

[ Nehemiah’s Final Reforms ] On that day the Book of Moses was read aloud in the hearing of the people and there it was found written that no Ammonite or Moabite should ever be admitted into the assembly of God,

acts 13 7The people of Jerusalem and their rulers did not recognize Jesus, yet in condemning him they fulfilled the words of the prophets that are read every Sabbath.
    acts 15 21
    For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”

2 cor3 14 when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations [hmmm old covenant is not removed?]
    2 Corinthians 3:15
    Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts.[moses is read]

and the word 'study' again applying to the law of the lord.

Ezra 7:10
    For Ezra had devoted himself to the study and observance of the Law of the Lord, and to teaching its decrees and laws in Israel.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
    Ecclesiastes 1:13
    I applied my mind to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under the heavens. What a heavy burden God has laid on mankind!
    Ecclesiastes 12:12
    Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them. Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

John 5:38-40New International Version (NIV)
    38 nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. 39 You study[a] the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

if you notice here in john, it is explained that thinking that study is going to save you for eternal life, isnt going to work..

comments?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit