Study article - Work for us and you will be saved

by paradisebeauty 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

Last study article of march study edition of watchtower

The sheep” and “the goats” are people from all nations. They will be judged toward the end of the great tribulation that will soon begin. And we know that Jesus will judge people according to how they have treated the anointed ones who are still on earth. We are so grateful that Jehovah has helped us over the years to understand this parable and the other parables in Matthew chapters 24 and 25!

Jesus described the sheep as “righteous” because they view the anointed as his brothers and because they are loyal to the anointed during these difficult last days.

The anointed have been told to preach to “all the nations” before the end. As we learn in the parable of the sheep and the goats, “the sheep” help Jesus’ brothers. And one of the best ways they can do this is to help Jesus’ brothers with the preaching work.

We feel that it is an honor to help Christ’s brothers by preaching. We also help by donating money and working hard to build Kingdom Halls, Assembly Halls, and branch offices.

So if we want to be judged as sheep when Jesus comes, now is the time to be loyal to Christ’s anointed brothers.

• steve2
    steve2

Okay - I get it. Thanks for the reminder - although, to be fair, I had not forgotten. Please hand me the territory card and I'll start at first light.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Thank you, WTBTS.

Such articles are doing a wonderful job of demotivating/perplexing/awakening those "still in" whom we care about! May the glorified helpers in the Writing Committee continue to come up with similarly overt, cult-style propaganda and money-begging study articles. It makes our job so much easier.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Perplexing indeed. The disciple making work is so important in the time of the end, that our focus is now on building construction.

• Scully
    Scully

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

That's what Jesus instructed, right? In the Sermon on the Mount, right?

So, what, pray tell, has the Governing Body™ and its earthly Remnant™ done with the financial support given them by the Great Crowd™?

1. They have not built hospitals, soup kitchens, homeless shelters or shelters for battered women and children. Instead they have constructed bigger and better facilities for themselves, several times over, in several countries around the world.

2. They have not protected children in their midst from sexual predators in their midst. Instead, they have staunchly refused to give these children any support. The children and their families have been silenced under threat of expulsion while sexual predators are permitted free reign in Congregations™, Circuit Assemblies™, District Conventions™ and in the Door-to-Door™ Ministry™ (aka Field Service™). Any financial gains by victims of sexual abuse are hard won in the courts. Shame on you, Watchtower!

3. They have created a veritable cash cow for themselves by having Congregations™ collect money to pay for the property toward the construction of new Kingdom Halls™ and other Meeting™ venues. The WTS lends an equal amount to that collected for the property. This Debt™, for some reason, is never paid off. Well, it is, but then the WTS Lovingly™ decides to charge a Per Publisher™ amount each month that goes directly into the coffers of the WTS. Every damn month, in perpetuity. For yet another reason, the WTS can direct that the property be sold whenever they deem fit, with the proceeds going directly into WTS coffers. The reason seems to involve the words Loyalty™, Obedience™ and Self-Sacrifice™, not to mention the words "because we can get away with it, you stupid fools."

4. Their legal battles, once the stuff of courtroom legend in the fight for Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Worship rights, are now an embarrassing motley of defending indefensible policies that offer a safe haven for pedophiles and helping poorly educated people end their lives or the lives of minor children for lack of blood transfusion. As well, the fundamental rights and freedoms for which they've fought so strenuously in the courts are denied to rank and file members. Want to disagree with something Published™ in the Watchtower™? Prepare to be called into the back room at the Kingdom Hall™ and have the word Apostate™ bandied about in association with your name. Want to tell your fellow Witnesses™ that Elder™ XYZ diddled your 9-year-old daughter, to protect their daughters?? Expect an invitation to the back room at the Kingdom Hall™ with the threat of being Disfellowshipped™ for Slandering™ Elder™ XYZ's reputation in the Congregation™.

Well done, Watchtower™! [/sarcasm]

This is not a complete or in any way a comprehensive list of crimes against humanity perpetrated by the WTS. The fact that they have millions of Sheep™ around the world who are ready and willing to accept this demeaning and dehumanizing treatment allows them to continue to operate. It will only stop when JWs realize they don't have to take it, and they don't have to continue to open their wallets in support of a greedy, money-grubbing, self-serving cabal of evil, deviant men.

Stop feeding the monster, Friends™. Starve it to death.

• Lieu
    Lieu

When one of those kept men washes my feet ....

Any monies given by the real Christians went to help the poor and needy, not to build buildings or line the pockets of Christ's "brothers" who could very well support themselves. Besides, those are instructions for the so-called "annointed, not the rest of us.

Burdensome greedy Judases.Go get a job!

*Religion is a snare and a racket*

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ - Matthew 25:35-36 New International Version

So give them some water, give them some bread but give them pinkie rings and Rolex watches?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit