Thank You WatchTower!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by roybatty 6 Replies latest jw friends

• roybatty
    roybatty

For several weeks now Ive been a little distraught that my JW, ex-wife will be taking our kids to the service meeting and have them listen the WTs propaganda on how to view and treat DAd & DFd individuals. Not only because of the possible negative effect it may have on my relationship with them but also the fact that they are being taught to hate a certain group of people. My ex and I have made it a point never to talk negative about the other to the kids. However, it makes my blood boil when I think about how she would react if the kids were to attend a Sunday service at the United Methodist Church entitled "Display Christian Loyalty When a Relative Becomes a Jehovahs Witness."

But this morning my thinking has changed. Tonight the kids and I are going to go over this article from the August KM (thanks to whoever scanned and posted it!!). What a wonderful opportunity I now have to show the holes in the WTs argument. What a great opportunity to show them how cruel this arrangement is. When it comes to teaching kids, a "live and let live" approach usually doesnt work. As they sit there in the Kingdom Hall this Thursday, I hope that they will recall the points well be discussing tonight. I hope that they remember that King Saul was Gods anointed one and he basically dfd young David. I hope that they recall how some in Israel, such as Jonathon used their ability to reason and remained loyal to David instead of the corrupt anointed one. I hope that they will remember the points well discuss about 1 Cor. Chapter five and what the real situation was. And finally I hope that they remember at the service meeting that these WT rules are just man-made rules, not Bible principles.

I guess I just want to say "THANK YOU" to the people in the WatchTowers writing department for giving me this wonderful opportunity to use your own words against you.

• Dino
    Dino

Thanks for posting these excellent points, Roybatty.

Please keep us posted.

Dino

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Very good points Roy, it is better to fight the WT with THEIR own bullcrap in writing.

When my hubby(Wild Turkey) started showing me "Apostate" sites on the internet, I just ignored him. We are best friends and talk about everything and anything. HIs new interest in what I saw as an attack on MY religion( LOL) made me angry and put a wedge between us that had never been there before. We never argue for long , so I did some thinking. I knew he would not be telling me something unless he was very sure he was right. I have always looked to him as my spiritual guide, and I knew he wouldnt try to mislead me, so I gave it a chance. He showed me some things he found on the internet from the WT OWN words, written way back . Talk about a jaw hanging to the floor in utter shock. The things I read were so stupid and very wrong, and the more I looked thru out the years the more they said that was just as wrong.

That's all it took for me, we kept going to meetings and it never was the same for me. I wanted to give being a JW a chance , it is all I had every known. But everytime one the brothers would read something then apply it the way they wanted to ,,it made me sick. I even got mad and went outside to stomp around in disgust. Wild Turkey would have to come out there and tell me to calm down, he said we wouldgo to MCd'sget fries and talk later !!!!! LOL

Once my eyes were opened just a squint..........I started to see it all.

How old are you children, Roy? Even if they are young they will see the lies and double standards.

Our kids see it for what it is, and we are floored when they tell us how much they hated being JW's we knew it wasnt great growing up JW for them, but we had no idea they had the thoughts they did.

I wish you luck on studing with them and hope they at least get to see both sides of the story.

Let us know how it turns out.

Dede

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

Hang in there, you are really in a tough spot,

keep sharpening your sword with reference materials,

and in time they will see the hypocrisy. Mine have.

• roybatty
    roybatty

All, thanks for the kind words, I truly appreciate it.

Dede Wow, reading your experience brings me back a few years. I was an elder at the time and started seeing the huge holes in the WTs teachings. I tried pointing these out to my then wife, but, as you said, she viewed it as an attack on her religion. Right away she went to the other elders and before long I was out. Im so glad to hear that you two left together and have kept your family together. My son is 11 and my daughter is 8. I dont "attack" the WT because I dont want them to view it as an attack on their mother. Instead Ive been raising them with one set of spiritual beliefs and shes doing the same with her beliefs. But from time to time there is an issue that just needs to be addressed, such as this KM article. My son already sees many flaws in the WT and how it warps his mothers thinking. For example, she continues to tell him that the kids on his football team are "bad association" ((groan)). But thankfully he knows better. There are a few troublemakers, a few saints but most are just normal kids and he knows this. As a matter of fact two of his best friends are on the football team and Id put them against ANY kid at the Hall. He also sees how the meetings and restriction already impede on many activities he wants to participate in. My daughter is a slightly different story. While my son loves his b-day and x-mas presents, Hannah holds back. I think this mostly has to do with a daughter being closer to their mother and not wanting to hurt her mothers feelings. Hannah knows that I wont be upset if she refuses her x-mas presents but she knows her mom will be mad if she takes them. Kind of sad how even a mother will manipulate their kids.

Anyway, there seems to be a fine balance between exposing the WTs false teachings and letting the kids learn for themselves. I just hope Im going about it the right way. Ill be d*mmed if Ill allow the WT to steal my kids lives away from them.

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

i DA'd and can thumb my nose at the WTBTS as my whole family are out here with me

even so, i am dreading the spread of this latest evil propaganda from the borg and i deeply hope your efforts are rewarded roybatty

'when you lose small mind you free your life' (system of a down)

• Perry
    Perry

However, it makes my blood boil when I think about how she would react if the kids were to attend a Sunday service at the United Methodist Church entitled "Display Christian Loyalty When a Relative Becomes a Jehovahs Witness."

Good point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit