CounterPoint to Reasoning Book

by BadJerry 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

As part of helping myself and my family to see past the smoke and curtains, I have started on a journey to write and publish an e-book that will present counterpoints to "Reasoning from the Scriptures". I am looking to see if there are any out there that might contribute, since I want to handle each point covered in that book (and complete it before the end of this system - oops, sometimes flashbacks occur). If interested, email me or respond here. If you know of a book that already does this, let me know.

BadJerry

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

Reasoning From The Scripture With The Jehovah's Witnesses.
    It contains mostly fundie reasoning though.
    Not worth it in my opinion.
    If you are trying to convince your family, confronting them directly
    will often create the opposite effect you intend. Try this thread
    for some thoughts on this:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=34511&site=3

Edited by - LucidSky on 20 August 2002 21:1:25

• Farkel
    Farkel

: publish an e-book that will present counterpoints to "Reasoning from the Scriptures".

Heck, even the TITLE is an oxymoron! What more do you need?

Farkel

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I don't have the book but I'm willing to help as might be appropriate - however I don't have anything to do with fundy issues such as determining dates etc. Post a couple of points and Lord willing, I'll have a look and see.

paduan

Edited by - a paduan on 21 August 2002 0:18:6

• Satanus
  • hooberus
    hooberus

There is a book by Duane Magnani specifically refuting the "false prophets" section of Reasoning. It is very good and available from http://witnessinc.com Duane is the director of witnessinc. I have the book, It is called Point/Counter point Volume # 1. I would possibly be able to help on other sections of the reasoning book in the areas that I am versed.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

When I saw the word, "counterpoint", I thought of something else. You know like Bach's fugues.

Oh, never mind!

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

I like Dwane he single handedly lead me out of the WT and into Lord. His point counter point iw very very good.

Still remember the summer of 91 and getting railroaded out of the WT with photo copy after photo copy of WT "scubalon" while sitting in his living room. Dwane is a very gracious host.

Dwane if your out there on Sept 12, 13 there will be reformation confrence sponcered by the Allience of Confessing Evangelicals over at 1st Pres Walnut Creek, CA with Dr. Robert Godfrey from Westminster West and Ken Jones From the White Horse Inn reformation radio program. I hope to see you there since you are near by.

cheers,

jr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit