One hope for ALL christians - interesting video on heavenly hope

by paradisebeauty 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n7QE6fQaC4

A short video with proof from the Bible that the ones going to "heaven" are not meant to stay there forever, but just to meet Jesus there (at the rapture) and be with Him forever, on earth, not in heaven!

• galaxie
    galaxie
    The belief that these biblical accounts , so called visions, prophecies are to be taken literally smacks of madness or at least gross delusion. Dead people rising,people going up in clouds, riding horses out of clouds(how did the horses get in the clouds) a city coming out of heaven(whatever that is ! )please remember folks all this comes from the minds of ancient people are we not much the wiser? To take this non..sense literally is to insult your intelligence!! I truly wonder if the narrator really believes it himself, oh well I suppose there's a book to sell!
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I truly wonder if the narrator really believes it himself

Take another look at the deluded look on his face and ask yourself that question again (if you need to do so).

Doc

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

The audio book is free on their website.

The kindle edition is 2$, so I do not believe he's preaching for the money.

I believe what he says, it makes sense. And it makes the whole bible logical.

One hope - all will have eternal life on earth, all christians will be raptured to meet Jesus in the sky but after they come with Christ when he conquers the Earth. There will be a 1000 Millennial Kingdom on Earth, after there will be a new earth and new sky, everlasting, given by God to humans (the city coming out of heaven).

• Clambake
    Clambake

I am not entirely sure the name of the group this guy represents but I am sure it is part Unitarian and part Hebert Armstrong world wide church of god. He may be correct in what he is saying but if you dig a little deeper it will get stranger. I know it is a group that is easy to get into too and hard to get out of.

• Clambake
    Clambake

Also I have wasted many, many hours trying to figure out if heaven is the earth, heaven and earth are separate, do heaven and earth come together at the end of the 1000 years.

Who knows. Trying to crack prophetic bible codes is generally a waste of time. There are things we don’t understand. To a JW that is an impossible concept but it is the true.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I don't think we need to speculate on the details. But I agree there is one hope. Heaven first, then earth. An earthly hope is not unique to witnesses, it is in the theology of most protestant religions, they just talk about it rarely.
  • paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

@ Clambake

For a few weeks now I've been reading a lot on their website and saw notheing on unitarians or that guy you mentioned.

Actually from what I see I they do not promote any particular church. They mention it is good to have fellowship with other Christians but from what I understand they mean the church / group you already are part of, or just other christian friends.

They say the church of God are all true Christians on Earth, no matter the denomination - this is something I believe, too.

• Clambake
    Clambake

Now I figured it out.

These guys ( Spirit and True International )are a splinter group of a cult called “ The Way “ international that kind of had it hayday in the 70s with other groups like the moonies.

Oh wow, this is all this board needs. Another freakin shunning cult.

Piss off

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Clambake, paradise beauty is just exploring other religious ideas. Please don't be rude to her. She's not trying to convert you. She's putting ideas up for discussion. She's not a member of that group, she's a witness who wants to get out, or at least make peace with having to stay in for a while.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit