why gb asking for money?famine in land

by poopie 11 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    What do i mean well when there was a famine in israel david inquired of Jehovah, Jehovah told him that the gibeonites were not being treated right so until david fixed the problem of how they were being treated Jehovahs blessing was withheld from the nation Jehovah does not change until we start treating people right by not shunning them and anouncing sinners names from platform as no longer Jw Jehovah will not bless the efforts of those promoting unloveing behavior
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Great thought!

I said from the beginning of the lawsuits that were not won that the GB should be sitting around the table in their ivory towers trying to figure why they have lost Jehovah's blessing. JWs have won nearly every lawsuit (in the US) for decades. Now that changes. I'd wonder why.

Doc

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    I think they are preparing for "persecution" in the form of lawsuits, losing tax exempt status and bad press. They need to build up that nest egg so they can continually show that "the work is speeding up". This is essentially a man's organization so I don't buy into the losing of Jehovah's blessing.
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    Hey bro. See that thing on the bottom right hand side of your keyboard. It's called a period. Might want to look into it.
  • poopie
    poopie
    Sorry im victim of bad schooling and stop calling me bro
  • smiddy
    smiddy

In the Old Testament , the Hebrew Scriptures their are numerous times the GOD of the Bible Jehovah inter-reacted one way or another with humans ,his prophets ,faithful men and women , to either bless their efforts or to condemn them because of his disapproval .From Genesis to Malachi . Over a period of 4000 years.

Looking at the New Testament , the Christian Greek Scriptures you could argue that GOD ,has inter-reacted for about 100 years ? If that ?

However , for the past 2000 years , supposedly getting close to the culmination of his prophecy`s he is completely silent , nothing has been said , or heard from him in 2000 years.?

No encouragement , no warnings , no guidance ,no nothing. Surely that should make us think ,should it not ?

C.T Russell stated they would never ask or beg for money ,what are the present G.B.members doing if it is not asking or begging for money .? Getting people to make pledges for money , contributions , and then holding them accountable to it ? if they don`t follow through ?

Has Jehovah taken them to task over this obvious betrayal ? of the supposed " True Christian Organisation" he has set up ?

smiddy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JW_Rogue - "I think they are preparing for 'persecution' in the form of lawsuits, losing tax exempt status and bad press."

This.

Simplest explanation is usually the right one.

They have lots of assets, but the current revenue flow is falling behind their immediate and (more importantly) near future needs.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Poopie, I like the original idea, it's certainly a valid parallel, and we know how we jdubs enjoy types and antitypes!

Ultimately though, I suspect that it shows more aptly how the scriptures can be cherry picked and interpreted to say whatever one wants them to say.

• oppostate
    oppostate

stop calling me bro

Can we call you Sis!?!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

disposable hero of hypocricy - "...I suspect that it shows more aptly how the scriptures can be cherry picked and interpreted to say whatever one wants them to say."

I once told my wife that if one was creative enough, one could find "Biblical" justification for yelling "olly-olly-oxen-free" while jumping on a pogo stick buck naked by the light of a full moon.

Needless to say, she laughed, but more importantly, she didn't disagree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit