by OneFingerSalute 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle
    👉Standing Ovation☑
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Why do they hate the sh-word so much?

Sounds too nasty for their liking maybe, unlike "disfellowship" which is a theocratically approved term.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    When I was DF'd some relatives/family members "Shunned" me and some didn't. It depends on which elder you talk to. I recall my parents talked to one elder that told them they could talk to me as long as it wasn't spiritual matters but then I know there was some hardline elders that would say you can't talk to a relative no matter what.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    That is great OFS! Will share with my wife this evening.
  • Gayle
    Gayle
    To many JWs the "shunning" word doesn't sound right, doesn't feel right in their natural sensitivity, creates a mental fog. However, the WT or GB knows to keep 'repeating,' and the organizational program will kick in till somehow it will then wackily make sense.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Wow, I bet they looked at you like you put a turd in the punch bowl. Their is obviously a lot of denial in JW land, no one wants to think they are in a strange religion that practices shunning, despite the reality.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I'm sorry, but website aside, what a f-ing liar. "We don't shun." There is no way that's even a little bit true.
  • Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

<<"If, however, a baptized Witness makes a practice of breaking the Bible’s moral code and does not repent, he or she will be shunned or disfellowshipped.">>

Or, if an exemplary Christian points out Watch Tower teachings which conflict with the Bible.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

OFS, most "likes" ever!!! YAY!!!

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit