Fun at The WT This Morning

by OneFingerSalute 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Man that took a large pair of balls to say that. Good on you. But there really was no argument.
  • cantleave
    cantleave
    The dissonance is strong among the flock.........
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Man, I just wanna buy you a beer for that one.
  • iwasblind
    iwasblind
    Well done, you have caught them in their circular reasoning.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Utter respect OFS!

Wish I'd been there - I'd have recorded it. Great answer, and brilliant to hear how you counselled the inept & ill-informed elder.

Even on my monthly cover-visit to the KH, I no longer give any answers. I want them all to continue viewing me as "spiritually weak."

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader
    That was great!!
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

P.S.

This is the exact wording on the web site -

“If, however, a baptized Witness makes a practice of breaking the Bible’s moral code and does not repent, he or she will be shunned or dis-fellowshipped.”

Can anyone - especially elders or active J.W.'s - explain to me what the wording "shunned or disfellowshipped" means?

Is the Org too afraid to tell the truth and say "shunned and disfellowshipped"?

I've never heard of a directive from the Org which says that one can be done without the other!

• oppostate
    oppostate
    The conjunction through "or" in this usage serves to better define "shunned" in that another word "disfellowshipped" equally exemplifies it.
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai
    I don't know how you do it. In my case, just being there with them and studying that article, would make me shake with rage and disgust. I couldn't answer because I know I'd start to scream in the microphone and make myself look like an idiot. You must have incredible composure to do what you did.
  • Lieu
    Lieu

Liars are not able to speak plainly for the truth is not in them; it's lawyer speak they've printed knowing full well it is a lie to include, "Or".

Btw, great response!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit