Sedition in the Californian sun

by freeman 4 Replies latest jw friends

• freeman
    freeman

This week I find myself a few thousand miles from my home on a business trip to California. I look at it as a paid vacation and a chance for my young son to see what California is like for the first time. He thinks the girls are hot, and I have to agree. He just loves it here. I've been here about a week and I don't know maybe it's because I'm out of town and nobody knows me here but I just felt I had to commit and act of sedition.

Yesterday, Sunday 19, some dubs apparently decided it would be a good idea to drop off the Watchtower and Awake rags in the lobby of the hotel where I am staying. I found myself with a dilemma. Should I let them sit there and do nothing putting others at risk? Should I put them in the trash, which is where they truly belong? Or should I do something creative with them and do it without displaying hostility towards the Borg in front of my young impressionable son. I opted for the latter.

On each and every one of these cult rags I wrote one of the simplest yet most powerful messages one could write here in Silicon Valley. I simply wrote

www.silentlambs.org People don't understand the blood issue, the doctrine issues, the false prophecy etc. But people really do understand pedophilia and when they go to this site they see the Watchtower is on the wrong side of this issue.

When I get home I am going to see about getting stickers made with that message to place on every such rag I happen upon. I'm even thinking of starting a "magazine route", visiting Laundromats, stores, and doctors offices where I know these rags are often "placed".

Sedition in the Californian sun is just such good fun!

Burn Watchtower burn!

Freeman

Edited by - freeman on 19 August 2002 12:30:32

• Crystal
    Crystal

Fantastic Idea!!!

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Hi Freeman,

I hope you wrote that in PEN.

Great idea. I will remember it the next time I see a pile of WTs and Awakes left at various public places.

Andee

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

freeman...We are on the same wavelength. I just started posting one page posters entitled, "There are Child Molesters in your Neighborhood." It tells of the Dateline show and has the 800# & SilentLambs website on it. I've posted them everywhere the dubs go including their favorite laundromats. telephone poles next to schools,etc., and if they tear them down I'm right back there. In some cases I put them inside the mags so if some unsuspecting person picks 'em up they'll see the poster. It's fun. I ride my bike all over town, different neighborhoods and I just discovered that if you offer them to some of the churches, they'll put them on their church bulletin board. That way, hundreds of people get the message at church. I don't bad mouth the dubbies, just mention Dateline and Time magazine to give authenticity and then say to find out more about the thousands of abused children and their ludicrous policy, contact 800# & website. I think I'll post the church idea because it seems to work well and has the potential to reach lots of people who will give them grief when they come a knockin'.

-BONEZZ

• jwsons
    jwsons

Good idea.

I may ask the printing company print for me 200 address stickers. Instead of my address on it, just say "Want to know more about this mag. ? Visit website www.silentlambs.org" And ready in my pocket anytime,anywhere....

jwsons

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit