Aug KM/Shunning Fightback??

by Latte 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Latte
    Latte

Is there really no way of getting through to these people?? Life is really too short for putting up with this ignorant kind of behaviour.

We, as ex-JWs know how theyre thinking works, surely if we are going to have to endure shunning for the remainder of our lives we must do/say something to arouse their clear thinking abilities.

Can we not have a reply ready for these ones who have been blinded by the WTSs evil, warped thinking? Can we not with the many loving brains on this board come up with some scriptures, reasoning to challenge these ones? I feel we have a responsibility both to ourselves, and our loved ones, to help them to stop being influenced by such crap as the AUG KM.

I know that it is not a simple matter what I am suggesting, but I have managed to do some reasoning with a close friend of mind, and I do feel that it has help our relationship continue. (I am not DF/DA)

I do feel that we are def. in a position to counteract the AUG KM and the badness which it contains.

I have probably not expressed myself very well here, but it pains me greatly to hear of so many needlessly hurt people such as Sunshine Too. See following thread

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=34917&site=3

I am off on my jollies shortly, so may not be able to say much more, but will later.

Ideas anyone? Or let us know what has been effective for you.

Latte

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Well, I'd like to write illustrated children's fables with underlying teachings and thinking skills.

I need new wt illustrations to "translate" - I would appreciate any assistance.

I need writing critique to adjust my 'fables' - I would appreciate any assistance.

I need advice on length for age, font size etc - I would appreciate any assistance.

thepaduan ( budding pied piper )

Edited by - A paduan on 19 August 2002 6:41:25

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

See "people and the tower" bible research thread a bit blunt for kiddies but a modifiable type of start.

thepaduan

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Latte;

It's difficult to understand ignorant and evil ideas when your not ignorant and evil.

HCM

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    I am off on my jollies shortly,

hmmm...I would like to know what you mean by that.

It has a meaning where I come from but somehow I don't think it's the same meaning.

Ideas anyone? Or let us know what has been effective for you.

That is really tough because everyone has different perspectives even among JWs I've noticed from different congregations.

They like to say and believe they are all the same all around the world but they are not.

I think that belief, having been pounded into their heads for decades, has had a negative effect on both JWs and ex-JWs. Because you will hear both sides say the very same thing.

Its either JWs saying, "We are all alike"

OR

Ex-JWs saying "They are all alike"

In both cases it isn't true.

People are who they are and different people are affected differently by the same rules and regulations.

Many unfortunately listen to nothing but rules and regulations and do not allow them selves to "THINK" or make use of their own conscience.

It's sad. But what CAN you do about it?

Edited by - plmkrzy on 19 August 2002 7:11:9

• Mary
    Mary

"....Can we not have a reply ready for these ones who have been blinded by the WTSs evil, warped thinking? Can we not with the many loving brains on this board come up with some scriptures, reasoning to challenge these ones?...."

Latte, you can try, but it's very difficult to try and get through to people who are brainwashed simply because alot of them don't WANT to believe anything bad about the Borg. It is totally ingrained into their brains that this is the one true religion end of story. As long as they believe that the Governing Body members are being used directly by Jehovah to "give food at the proper time", anything bad going on in the Organization can be explained away by "waiting on Jehovah, He'll straighten everything out in His own good time."

As you and I know, Witnesses are not allowed to "reason from the scriptures" on any of the Watchtower doctrines, only those of other religions. Any "reasoning" done within the Organization is considered "independent thinking" which of course, is right next to "apostacy". I'm sure that many, many Witnesses are disturbed by the "reports" that they're hearing about pedophiles within the congregations, but to dwell on it too long strikes at the very foundations of their security, namely, their "spiritual paradise", and for many Witnesses, it's just too difficult to deal with head on, so they keep the blinders on and continue to pretend that everything is hunky-dory and that it's just the media and apostates that are "spreading lies" about them. This of course, fits in perfectly with the "Satan is persecuting us" paranoia, so most Witnesses will continue to defend the Society no matter what.

My personal opinion is that if you can get them to start questioning the Governing Body members THEMSELVES, then the whole thing can collapse alot easier. If you can get them to think along the lines of "do you really believe that Jehovah's spirit is upon men that knowingly and willingly protect child molesters and disfellowship victims of child abuse for simply reporting it to the police?"

You could send a one page letter to everyone in your local congregation. If you don't have their addresses, go to the Hall during a meeting and stick one on everyone's car.

I went out a couple of weeks ago to the local mall and put over a thousand flyers on people's cars. I plan on doing alot more too. This way, when Witnesses go door to door, they're going to be totally embarrassed by the questions they get asked. LOL!!

• guanash
    guanash

My parents are very tolerant and open minded, but due to the August KM, they've told me that they won't come to visit me here, in the US, and that our future contact is going to be limited.
    I'm trying to get all the accurate information I can about the Watchtower association with the UN for showing it to them in my next visit to my country. Of course, down there nothing is heard about pedophiles and UN links.
    I've already told them many of these things, but of course, they think of them as "slanders forged by apostates".

What I want is them to respect me, and not to feel guilty by doing so. I believe that if I expose them to these facts they may find a medium point (I don't want them to leave the organization, they are elderly people and all their friends are there), where they practice their beliefs and respect other points of view.

I expect this information will be as shocking for them as it was for me when I first learnt about it.
    I believe that It is a good angle to begin reasoning with our beloved ones.

They have a right to practice their religion but we also have a right to be free from it.

• guanash
    guanash

My parents are very tolerant and open minded, but due to the August KM, they've told me that they won't come to visit me here, in the US, and that our future contact is going to be limited.
    I'm trying to get all the accurate information I can about the Watchtower association with the UN for showing it to them in my next visit to my country. Of course, down there nothing is heard about pedophiles and UN links.
    I've already told them many of these things, but of course, they think of them as "slanders forged by apostates".

What I want is them to respect me, and not to feel guilty by doing so. I believe that if I expose them to these facts they may find a medium point (I don't want them to leave the organization, they are elderly people and all their friends are there), where they practice their beliefs and respect other points of view.

I expect this information will be as shocking for them as it was for me when I first learnt about it.
    I believe that It is a good angle to begin reasoning with our beloved ones.

They have a right to practice their religion but we also have a right to be free from it.

• Latte
    Latte

Plmkrzy,

Yes, I absolutely agree.we are all different. One cannot be certain how any one person will react to new information. This is why I feel that rather than accepting the shunning/ less love from a relative or friend, I personally will challenge (in a gentle way as possible.I would hope) their reasoning. The average JW is oblivious to any other way of thinking, they never have it presented to them the very idea that they might not have the truth. I would have been grateful if I had of had my beliefs challenged much earlier than in the last few years. I would have been free much sooner.maybe! I know it may not of been that simple, I may have been one of the happy to stay ignorant ones. One of the ones which you mention here..

Many unfortunately listen to nothing but rules and regulations and do not allow them selves to "THINK" or make use of their own conscience. [PH1]

For me.that went on for far too long!

I am off on my jollies shortly,

hmmm...I would like to know what you mean by that.

It has a meaning where I come from but somehow I don't think it's the same meaning. [PH2]

Jollies = holidays hope that I didnt offend anyonelol

Mary,

Yes, again I agree with all that you said. The following quote is so true that to dwell on the negative media of late strikes at the very foundations of their security Now that is the beginning of the end if we can do that. You know the saying You have to be cruel to be kind I believe that the borg. have such a huge stack of errors piled up that they are there just waiting for us to throw themat the R&F that is.

I spoke with an ex reg. Pioneer who still after 25yrs believes that although she cannot live to life anymore that it is still the trooth. Due to this continued erroneous thinking, she puts up with bad treatment coming from her JW parents. I am helping her see the light and I think that she may say more now to her parents.

I went out a couple of weeks ago to the local mall and put over a thousand flyers on people's cars. I plan on doing alot more too. This way, when Witnesses go door to door, they're going to be totally embarrassed by the questions they get asked. LOL!! [PH3] [PH4]

Mary.you did good! I am impressed! Any chance of you posting what was on the flyers? I really think that this kind of action helps. Well done

Guanash,

I am so sad that your parents have changed towards you due the Aug Kmthat is real sad. I absolutely agree with you that now is probably a good time to show them a thing or two about this religion. I also feel that although it can be somewhat painful for them, it does free them a little, they do feel more at ease slacking off a little. I hope that you will gain you parents again.

What I want is them to respect me, and not to feel guilty by doing so. I believe that if I expose them to these facts they may find a medium point (I don't want them to leave the organization, they are elderly people and all their friends are there), where they practice their beliefs and respect other points of view. [PH5]

That is how I feel, I dont particularly want people to leave, just for them to be more tolerant, hey!. they want tolerance. they should be tolerant of others too! Respect is a nice word.

They have a right to practice their religion but we also have a right to be free from it. [PH6]

I 've already told them many of these things, but of course, they think of them as " slanders forged by apostates". [PH7]

I would refer them to the Awake article entitled Should you believe everything you hear? It is a fine example of good thinking skills, it also mentions about name calling which saying the above.simply is. IMHO

Thanks everyone for all you thoughts!

Latte

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Thank you, Latte, for thinking of me.

I'm thinking of my mom ( who's shunning me ) as demonized person. Of course in this case the demon is the WTS. When I talk to her, there is something about her that makes me feel that this is not my mom. She sobbed over me before because she thought I was going to die at Armageddon. When we talked last time, I could feel that she was really angry at me because I was against the WTS. How could a loving mother be so angry at her only daughter just because she doesn't want to share the same faith? I worry about my mom's psychological well being.

How can we fight with this craziness? I think the only way is to shut down the WTS. Let the FBI and IRS get involved in this. Have them arrest the Governing Body members and permemantly shut down the WTS. Then maybe my mom might change her thought. Maybe.

But that is just my wishful thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit