I am soooo sick of.......

by LuckyLucy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

.......hearing people belly ache about how "we can no longer swear" Or "say whatever we want"!!!

If you cannot make a sensible comment without swearing...then you are a moron!!

If you cannot get your point across without being rude and abusive to one another then you are a moron!! (I am very guilty of this and am working on it,i guess you can even say i am being rude now..and yes i am a moron..lol.. at times)

Having said that...Now...what do you LIKE about this forum?? You must like it more than not or you would'nt come here..right?Or do you just like to complain and see the negitivity in everything?

I for one like this forum because i can get the latest news without haveing to search for hours.

I like it because I can ask a question about something and most of the time someone knows the answer.

I like Crazy51...he has a great sense of humor...and he can also be serious when need be.

Now ..it's your turn...Are you going to CHOOSE to rip me apart Or are you going to CHOOSE to find the good in this forum???

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Fuckin'A !

• bigboi
    bigboi

LMAO!

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

LL - check out my thread called 'Remember..' It's on page two now.

hugs, Mimilly

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Lucy, I second that.

I like Crazy151drinker, too. I also like Farkel and Elsewhere even though they use not-so-good language sometimes. But I think they have a good sense of humor.

I also like minimus ( love your dancing red dot ), Amazing and many others.

But I'm not so sure about Jesus Christ. I think he is ignoring me. Sigh.....that's not new. I'd better get used to that.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

And here I was going to say threads complaining about other people complaining.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Lucy, I find this an excellent forum for getting support and giving support. Unfortuantely, some seem to think, maybe due to the anonymity of the internet, they should be allowed to do and say whatever they please, wherever they go. Many of these same people would never act as this in their own home, but will do it here or on other forums.

When they get called on it, by others seeking a pleasant place to discuss or visit, they end up causing a huge ruckus, stirring up as much trouble as they can, then leave, either on their own or by being booted. They move on the next site, causing the same trouble, but leave behind a wake of depressed saddened people, still seeking a peaceful place to hang out.

I've seen it happen on every single site I was active on. AOL was amongst the worse. I give Simon credit for doing the best he can to combat this, but he is only human and cannot police everyone's every word.

This "freedom of speech" issue is a smoke screen and a myth. No one nowhere has total freedom of speech, it doesn't exist. We may have more freedom of speech here, but total freedom just isn't so. Sorry, it's just a fact of life. If common sense and common decency cannot be followed, then Simon or his representatives need to step in, much to the consternation of those same malcontents that get off stirring up trouble.

For the rest, we can't let them get us down. Although it is troubling, why should we let them continue to cause us grief and spoil our discussions and visiting for their perverted idea of fun?

Lew W

• onacruse
    onacruse

Lew, Lucky: I couldn't agree more! Being relatively new to this board, I can only say that I feel COMPLETELY free to say whatever I want, within the ordinary and reasonable bounds of civil behavior. I will NOT let the mania of this last week deter me, but it has taught me a lot. Nothing is perfect, nobody is perfect. For every disruptive post(er) here, there are thousands of productive and meaningful contributors. I will gladly sidestep the occasional cowpie and stay on the trail to recovery that this forum provides me.

Craig

• alfie
    alfie

While I find that people who can't carry on a conversation without the use of foul language seem to be morons themselves, I will defend their right to be just that.

CIAO4NAIO!

alfie

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Wise words Dakota.......

This is a great forum and even though I don't come as often as I used to I feel it has helped me greatly with my JW issues. In fact I owe this forum and the people here a great debt and will always be grateful for their help. I know I can come here any time and get a question sincerely answered and my heart lifted if need be. There is always someone here willing to listen also.

I have in the past used some not so nice words and if I have offended anyone I apologize.

Sunny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit