getting drivers licensene not same as getting baptized

by poopie 7 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    if you get in an accident you will not be shunned by everyone in your family.
  • Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster
    Unless the accident involved your family. Like if you plowed into them and put them all in the hospital with serious injuries. You might get the cold shoulder for a while.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

This drivers license example is a very poor one.

Some studies have shown the the brain does not fully mature until at least the mid 20's, possibly until the 30's.

Isn't that when Jesus was baptized? Funny how the GB never mentions when Jesus was baptized.

Bottom line...If the young ones are "in" at an early age, then they can use their family and friends as emotional black mail.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Well, you're right, not when an accident occurs, because an accident is out of control. But, if you are Texting, talking on the cell phone, having sex in the vehicle, drinking and driving, there will be consequences.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

Unless the accident involved your family. Like if you plowed into them and put them all in the hospital with serious injuries. You might get the cold shoulder for a while.

If you display genuine repentance.

• cha ching
    cha ching
    "mom, can I get married? I'm only 13, but I am baptized, and baptism is a greater responsibility then marriage right?"
  • cha ching
    cha ching
    "okay mom, I know I'm only 11, but I am baptized, so take me down to the DMV"
  • iwasblind
    iwasblind

How stupid. David Splane used the illustration in Oz once that if they can get a job at Maccas they can get baptized.

Uhh hello - I don't think working at MacDonalds as a 14 year old is a major lifelong decision.

Maybe when they get a license they can get married, start a family, move into their own house?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit