A JDub defends her Interlinear Translation !!!

by jwsons 6 Replies latest jw friends

• jwsons
  • The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

Thanks for posting this. It is good to be reminded of the dishonesty of thw Watchtower in the verses in Rev. 5 10, 13. That was one of the errors I caught on my own that made an impression on me and helped in my deprograming out of the cult.

• onacruse
    onacruse

I was first made aware of the inconsistencies between the WH text and the NWT when I stopped outside a District Assembly and took a pamphlet from one of the protestors. It directed attention to John 14:14, where the WH text clearly reads "if you ask ME anything in my name," whereas NWT surreptitiously drops the "ME", since otherwise praying to Jesus would be permitted.

Professional scholarship at its best.

Craig

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

I just went into the site jwsons posted. This is a site worth posting to guys. It seems they are all non-JW's trying to figure out the JW's. The JW section is pretty much empty. Whadda say we tell em all about this wonderful religion? Tee-Hee.

They're on my TO DO LIST when I get everything else done today.

http://apps.defendingthefaith.com/fuse/index.cfm?NoCookies=Yes

Trot

Edited by - Trotafox on 17 August 2002 15:50:29

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    It directed attention to John 14:14, where the WH text clearly reads "if you ask ME anything in my name," whereas NWT surreptitiously drops the "ME", since otherwise praying to Jesus would be permitted.

Yes, that's pretty blatant. What did you do when you discovered what they'd done to John 17:3 in translating it??

• IMA_PALLED
    IMA_PALLED

HEY ONA (CRAIG) HOW IS YOUR NEW JOB ? LOOKS LIKE YOU WASHED THE HAT TO..........

• Francois
    Francois

I still think the Kingdom Intelinear makes really good rolling paper.

But the creme de la creme of rolling paper had to be the old "Make Sure" book. Man, I"m still getting good doobs outta that, and I'm only on Mariolatry.

-francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit