Finding Someone From a Long Time Ago

by Jesus Christ 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Ok, say someone was trying to find someone they once knew. What advice would you give them? Its a woman who's since gotten married and divorced since the last time you talked to them back in the early/mid 90's and has also had a kid. Previous address (ownership was not in her name) and maiden name is known but that's about it. Approximate time frame for divorce as well as child was born are known. All the Classmates.com type sites have been checked with negative results and she's not in the phonebook or anything like that, at least with her maiden name (married name is unknown and she probably kept it unless she got married again). If it helps all this is in Indiana.

Thanks for any help.

• LDH
    LDH

Tell them to ask your dad. He is supposed to know everything.

Lisa

• ISP
    ISP

Well its not easy so it depends on how much you want to find her. If you want to....you could do all sorts of stuff but it will cost!

ISP

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

LDH said:

Tell them to ask your dad. He is supposed to know everything.

HAHAHAHAH

I am sure even Jesus appreciates a little sarcasm.

• Swan
    Swan

Public records will cost you, but are probably the best way to find her. If you know her address (city) then the newspaper morgue (some papers have this online now) for birth and divorce announcements would help you find her married name. Does she still use her married name, or did she go back to her old name? You can try anywho.com in her old name just to be sure.

Hope this helps. I might come up with some other ideas after a good night's sleep.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I can give you a clue...

She now lives in war torn Samaria. She's had Five husbands, although the guy she's now living with is just her partner.

But you knew this already. Do want us to ask the locals her name, and get her number for you?

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

(gasp) J.C. is she......by any chance.......DON'T TELL ME!

She is your first LOVE, isn't she? AWW........that is so sweet of you trying to find her....( with teary eyes)

So she chose someone else over YOU, the Archangel? Wow, I read something like this in the Bible; that was about King Solomon and a some girl she liked.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi,

In answer to your question, perhaps if you do have information about "when" and "where" the child was born, you could check the vital statistics for that state for birth records. That way you would probably find the mother's name cross-referenced, as they always ask for the maiden name as well as the married name.

Just an idea. It is difficult. I've lost track of so many people that were a part of my life years ago. I wonder about them...what they are doing...and how they have been coping. Several have since left JW's like I did.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Karen

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Maybe a long shot, but have you tried calling her family? If the maiden name is known and where she is from, the parents or a sibling might still be in the area. That's where I would start.

Lew W

• felix a
    felix a

JC

Dakotareds suggestion is a pretty good one. Call the family, if they remember you or know you and you are not some completly off the wall stalker type they just might help.

You might also get your hands on a program called Net Detective, its supposed to be a pretty good tool.

felix

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit