General Lee Car. PC gone mad???

by Prefect 5 Replies latest social current

• Prefect
    Prefect

Is this Political Correctness over the top.

What do you think?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33393860

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    Yeah, I think so. But this is how America works anymore. From one extreme to the other. No common sense anymore.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I think the dukes of hazard ban went to far. But whatever, I haven't watched it in 30 years lol
  • Simon
    Simon

I think the real "crazy" overreaction was Apple pulling apps that featured the confederate flag. Yes, I get it if they were some 'white supremacist' app (why approved in the first place?) but they weren't - they were civil war games and in that context the flag was historical. Are they going to ban the Sound of Music next because it has Swastikas in it?

PC crazy.

And of course on the flip side, the places it should be removed - flying over government buildings, it isn't.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    I read about some comedians who refuse to perform before a young audience such as at universities due to this rampant " PC disease" infecting their ability to exercise common sense. These young people easily create reasons to be offended. This PC disease is taught to them in the schools. Pick up the books used, sit in on classes, and you will see.
  • millie210
    millie210

In my thinking I agree with all of the above and think people really need to get over themselves a LOT - especially Americans.

That said, I can see this trend having a silver lining in that several JW mainstays are going to come to be perceived as more and more heinous. Namely, the blood issue, child abuse and of course DF policy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit