Governing Body TV

by punkofnice 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

So, the Holy, Holy, Holy Governing body(TM) are on TV and very much to be worshipped (like rock stars).

Do you think there will come a time when the JWs won't have public talks (as an example), and rely totally on the tele evengelism from the GB?

I say this because a public speaker used to be offered travelling expenses when visiting a different Kingdom Hell. Either the popes will stop this, it already has been stopped. I left 5 years ago.

Wouldn't their hilarious TV shows save them money? (Hey, WBT$ lurkers, use this and you owe me!!)

• coalize
    coalize
    The only GBTV I will have a look at, will be GangBang TV.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i wonder if they will have jehovah on as a guest speaker ?

invisibly--obviously.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Coal-eyes - Nah, it's all the same stuff.

Stan - Yes. they could have a lesser being than the holy holy holy GB.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    It's widely expected both on here and by jws I've heard discuss it that it's only a matter of time before one public talk a month will be agb member on TV.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

OEJoe - Wouldn't surprise me. I get the feeling that their tele-evangelism channel is a shoe in to total big brother control.

• millie210
    millie210

As far as I know visiting speakers arent compensated with actual money but there is almost always an arrangement to offer hospitality.

This gets to be quite the circus at times!

Some friends just dont want to or are busy. So they end up "paying" for a meal and sending their stand in to do the deed. So now instead of just paying for the speaker and his family, they pay for the stand in also.

All just because they want/need to not take their turn.

Others handle it as a Service group which means they gather at the house of one in the group and all bring a dish. This is exhausting and a lot of work for the sister lucky enough to be the one whose home its in and they gripe endlessly about it but do it because they feel its "for Jehovah".

Either way it amounts to a sizable sum of money and a total waste of 2 or 3 hours of your time with someone you may or may not have wanted to meet (the speaker).

Its the business lunch from hell and you cant write it off on your expense account.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Millz - Its the business lunch from hell and you cant write it off on your expense account.

Oh, yes. I have had those when I was an elder.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    In ASL and most other foreign language congregations, they still compensate the visiting speaker for traveling. We have a set formula based on distance from his home congregation. If he doesn't accept hospitality, someone usually offers cash as well to pay for a meal.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

I definitely think a monthly broadcasted talk is coming. More and more Service Meeting talks are including videos from jw.borg. In ASL, all of the letters from the branch are now in video format and played for the congregation instead of the local brothers signing the letters.

At the rate of change so far, I'd speculate that it'll be less than a year before the first public talk is broadcast.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit