To those who worked with the Public and had Co-workers, would your job have been easier without the Cult mind?

by skepticSam 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• skepticSam
    skepticSam

I was thinking about the decades I worked with a team of people, around 40 give and take a few in this enterprise. The Watchtower made thing harder with all the guilt along with that push to convert anyone at any point of the day. I thought life would have been so much easier if I was not part of this Cult. The guilt, the two-faced publishers worse than most of the workers and making up reasons why I could not come over to their houses for dinner got old. Not using profanity and stealing are good qualities the Organization taught but those could be achieved through the Bible or some other moral book. How would your job and life experience have been different without all the teachings of the Cult, do you think your life was made easier at work with the Cult's indoctrination?

Did you use any opportunity as a way to preach and debate doctrines if you were speaking to a workmate that was a born-again Christian? Did you waste time debating the Trinity, Hell, 1914, Beth-Sarim, ect? Is it possible you could have gone high up in your company if the Cult had not infected your mind with guilt or making you feel greedy because you wanted to climb up the ranks?

I

• blondie
    blondie

Not really, there was enough Sturm and Drang that overshadowed any jw stuff. Brithdays....optional and not everyone participated...No Christmas or other holidays in the office....work rule; no religion at work either. I worked with Jews and Muslims and atheists. But then my father was not a jw and I had a social life around non-jws and knew how to not be obnoxious.

• skepticSam
    skepticSam

I worked with agnostics and fundamental Christians, don't recall anyone being a strong atheists, most were pretty decent people. It was all the information the Meeting poured down our throats to make us feel superior and think "they need to convert to the teachings of the GB or their going to die!" This being in the 1984 time period with 1986 coming up(1986 was a local End Times Date set by a few members where I lived) I wanted to get them saved, 1986 came and went without me asking "how come we allow so many false dates and nobody challenges them?" The charity events, donating food for Xmas drive, donating blood, any methods to help the community were frowned upon because Jehovah's Witnesses are doing more than anyone else, we are sharing the Truth, not wasting time on issues only Jehovah can fix. How come we did not apply the rules we attacked other religions with, to ourselves? The Kingdom Hall attracted the most selfish and calloused people, can you recall having the friends help pay for "gas" for Field Service", willingly help with "Clean Ups", make meals for the sick witnesses without being prodded to or check up on their own sick members? I was in over a dozen Halls and these issues were tough because we claimed to follow the Master but our actions screamed "We are selfish! We don't care about anyone, no even our own Witness family!"

JW Facts has the perfect response

• zeb
    zeb
    in a word yes.
  • Lieu
    Lieu
    Nope. I was simply not superior minded enough to feel guilty about doing what I was being paid to do at work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit