Where Is The Jehovah's Witness Zeal?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Where Is The Jehovah's Witness Seal?

...Another Boring Meeting..Another Boring Speaker..

............................CLAP FOR JEHOVAH..

......http://horrorsnotdead.com/wpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/seal_clapping.gif

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    Alot of my "GENERATION" who were waiting for the last 1914 person to die before Armagedon starts....well, we are still waiting in mid 2015??? Yes we are damn tired. I was ment to be in paradise by at least 1998.
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    the people in our hall live for service, they cant wait for saturday morning. [even though its been 40 years since anyone from our territory came in.] ugh!
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Good point, magnum and ding.The religion was based on looking forward to some set date, when that didn't happen, they would set a new one. Now that 2014 has passed and there is this silly overlapping generation thing that no one really believes, there is no DATE to look forward to anymore. What is a superficial legalistic religion to do?? Fizzle.
  • DisArmed
    DisArmed

"It is a tired religion. It is on automatic pilot. It is tiresome."

It has occurred to me that Walley World has probably run its course. All the info is out there. Anyone looking for a reason, and we know there are many, to leave has done so. Anyone who is staying isn't doing so for lack of new revelations or evidence of a cult. So pretty much, IMHO, those that have found reason and want to leave, have done so or are in process, or at the very least are mentally out. Those that don't want to leave, if they haven't found a reason by now, what on earth would it take? I doubt there will be anymore defining moments that will be the last straw or final nail. It has all been said, done, written, talked about, processed and documented. If what we know now is not enough to leave, then there will never be enough.

• zimunzucz
    zimunzucz

Well, I'm not sure how Minimus knows what JWs are doing, but JWs are still talking, but doing less canvassing, IMO- who wants to do cold calls and have to explain WT mistakes?

I ran into 2 Hispanic men every other day just before 7am at the 7-11 a few months ago. The tip off was when I saw the older one talking to a guy pumping gas and holding up a medium size tract-- aha- It was still dark, so if your weren't looking for them, you didn't see them.

So I walked around to the side and just as I expected, I spies a younger JW- 18-20 sitting in the car. I give him an earful- then the other JW comes back and he gets it to. My guess is they were doing their service time the easy way in April for the special easy pioneer rope-a-dope campaign- is it 30 hrs? They were taking turns so as to not get worn out- haha- but counting the full time, I suppose.

They would hunker down in the seat when they saw me-too late- - I even left home 10 minutes early before work so I could talk to them. yes, I set them up several times just so they could lie to me. They just don't care if they get caught lying about shunning, dates, etc- nope, they just shrug their shoulders and ignore they are liars. The younger one had a chance- maybe he looked up beth sarim and the websites I mentioned-- They lasted a week and half- I was amazed they took that many days of punishment from me.

• minimus
    minimus
    Disarmed, there are no more major shocks. It's true, every decade there is a new understanding. People who stay in do so for the reason that they simply don't care. What difference does it make, as Hillary might say?
  • zimunzucz
    zimunzucz
    What will your Legacy be in life Minumus, besides being a prolific poster? I think I am leaving- this place is a major time killer-
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    It seems most people are very active on these sites shortly after waking up, but eventually move on. I'm sure I will move on too at some point. For now at least I feel a sense of comradery here that I don't get at the meetings anymore.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe its because the JWS have been saying and peddling the same thing for over a century now and the general public and many JWS themselves are aware of that.

What happens when you flog a dead horse ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit