Where Is The Jehovah's Witness Zeal?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It seems to me that the religion is nearly dead. Or dying. Very little pulse exists for the Organization. I rarely even see JWs doing the pioneer stroll any longer either. It is unusual to see them trying to convert new potentials

It is a tired religion. It is on automatic pilot. It is tiresome.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

All the "growth" is in the foreign language congregations. The zealous JWs moved to those congregations a long time ago. It's not uncommon for 50% or more of a foreign language congregation to be pioneers. My guess is that when the zealous ones left to "expand their ministry" the result was that the English congregations were left with those who are in mainly because of family or because it's what they are used to.

It is a tired religion. I'm tired of hearing the end is soon. I'm tired of being beaten with guilt. I'm tired of having to re-learn "The Truth" every decade. I'm tired of the double standards for elders vs the rest of the congregation. I'm tired of hearing from pioneers and other full time servants how Jehovah provides for them while they take handouts and gifts from those who work in the real world and give in order to assuage some of the guilt for not being a full time servant themselves.

I could go on, but you get my drift. :)

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

We live in a fairly rural part of the UK and to be honest since our fade I rarely see any door knocking just the same ones sitting around watching people ignore their trolleys.

JW's feel they're giving a huge witness when out in service but ive since come to realise how little thought people must give them (unless it's to make sure not to answer the door)

• Listener
    Listener

Zeal - another old fashioned jw cult word

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

The "pioneer pace" has slowed so much that next year you'll see JWs walking in reverse.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    I think the zeal has been beaten out of everyone (emotional abuse) and they moved the finish line (overlapping generation). I think everyone's BS meter is going off but no one can leave. They are holding family and friends hostage!
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

tim310rd

"It is a tired religion. I'm tired of hearing the end is soon. I'm tired of being beaten with guilt. I'm tired of having to re-learn "The Truth" every decade. I'm tired of the double standards for elders vs the rest of the congregation. I'm tired of hearing from pioneers and other full time servants how Jehovah provides for them while they take handouts and gifts from those who work in the real world and give in order to assuage some of the guilt for not being a full time servant themselves."

I couldn't have said it better myself!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Two young mormons came to my door the other day, they were pretty zealous they wanted to talk about beliefs and shit. I gave them the time of day for a short while out of curiosity as to how they recruited and they were happy to talk and answer questions about what they believe and why they believe it.

I asked if they thought mormons are the only ones with god's spirit and they seemed genuinely shocked by the question. Their answer: "Anyone can get god's spirit, nobody can dictate that"

hmmm I thought very interesting. Kinda reminded me of what witnessing used to be like.

• Ding
    Ding

The WT has been fueled time and again by setting short dates for Armageddon.

They haven't been able to set one for 40 years now and it's showing...

• Magnum
    Magnum

Good comments.

minimus, I like that phrase - "tired religion". That is a good way to describe it. I think it really is tired.

Ding: The WT has been fueled time and again by setting short dates for Armageddon.

That is so true. When the fuel started to run out, they would fuel up with a new date or expectation and pick up speed. Since there are no more firm dates, I think they are running out of fuel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit