Does this make me a terrible person

by Clambake 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• Clambake
    Clambake

I have spent the last five years of my life caring for someone like they are my own flesh and blood. I shovel the walks, I cut the grass, I pick up the dog shit, I drive her to meetings and assemblies and soon she might be living with us and I am cool with it.

I make the token appearance at the KH. I see some of the seniors with limited mobility have limited attendance. What really makes me angry is you know someone hasn’t been out in field service for more than three months because of age or mobility and they are treated different. “ Do I or do I not talk to this person, not technically a JW blah blah blah “ .

Man, the holier than thou bullpoop in this place is nearly has bad as the KH.

Yeah, I am pisses me off that so many inheritances and lifesavings end up in the coffers of the WTS , especially the way they treat seniors. Well, the way they treat everyone. I wish Hitler would have killed them all.

None of my business, God I hate having a conscience sometimes.

Mods please delete this thread.

• DJS
    DJS

Yet more rationalizing bullshit, this time with a blame shifting, victim, focus: "Man, the holier than thou bullpoop in this place is nearly has bad as the KH."

Clam, you are just like my ex-GF (with a stress on the 'ex'), a greedy grabbing manipulative opportunist. Trying to justify or rationalize it is more of a problem with who you are as having these dark thoughts in the first place. And yes, CognifiveDizzy, there are a lot of us, including me, who have never and would never try to greedily grab something that didn't belong to us.

I agree CB, Simon should delete this OP. If he can delete the portions of your mind and heart that would attempt to lamely rationalize and justify your greedy grab that would be even better. You should have stopped when you were ahead, which was post 1.

• sir82
    sir82

I have spent the last five years of my life caring for someone like they are my own flesh and blood. I shovel the walks, I cut the grass, I pick up the dog shit, I drive her to meetings and assemblies and soon she might be living with us and I am cool with it.

So she owes you money when she dies?

Man, the holier than thou bullpoop in this place is nearly has bad as the KH.

People telling you that it is wrong to suggest to someone to leave you her money when she dies is "holier than thou"?

You posted on a message board asking for opinions. Don't get all huffy because you don't like the opinions that you solicited.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Wow.

Don' t concern yourself with the old lady's money....unless... someone is trying to coerce her into signing part of her estate over to them.

• millie210
    millie210

Clambake, I think you are a very good person who is very frustrated.

Sometimes valid frustrations like you mentioned above in your posts can ball up together in our head.

Ask yourself........if this older lady didnt have two sticks to rub together would you still be helping her the way you are?

Would you still drive her to assemblies and clean up after her dog and maybe have her move in someday?

If the answer is yes (even if you are doing it to please your wife) then you are a good person..

I can see why you hate the sorry actions of the JWs at the funeral and most of all why you feel frustrated by the blood card issue!

I think maybe writing everything out here and seeing it in print will help you to cut through the frustration and see everything in categories instead of lumping it all together as "them".

You have very valid reasons to be frustrated. The money isnt the real issue, I see that. Since the money isnt the real issue - dont make it one.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Goodness is its own reward, remember? If she was buying a service there would have been a contract.
  • DJS
    DJS

millie,

You are so kind; always the good cop and always trying your best to minimize hurt and maximize positive. I'm glad you are here. I really am. But you can't put lipstick on this part of CB's piggish personality and come away with anything other than a pig. With lipstick.

LOTS of us have been frustrated with life and especially with the Dark Tower and Dark Lords. Lots of us would never ever even consider this type of greedy grab. Your kindness is off base this time. Not everyone who tells you sweet things is your friend, Millie and CB, and not everyone telling you harsh things is your enemy.

And Wasanelder Once: "Goodness is its own reward." It seems when it comes to these types of OPs and issues that your excellent axiom is typically associated with the rationals.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Has anyone here lost their entire inheritance to the WTS?

If anything, I would talk to the niece and nephew.

The difference in treatment of wealthy Dub seniors and poor ones is revolting.

For some Cdn legal estate cases:

http://www.canlii.org/en/index.html#search/all=watch%20tower

• steve2
    steve2

Untold millions - likely billions - of people give their inheritances - or part thereof - to their church and or religion - and other people belly-ache about it. Fact is it happens which is why a Will is called a Will.

We can always look over the shoulders of other people and shudder at the way they are spending or using their own money - but it is none of our business.

Clambake - you really need to chill out; you display the very mentality that tries to justify criminal activities. You crossed a line in writing that you wished Hitler had killed all JWs - and in doing so you would have lost any empathy some posters showed you.

• Clambake
    Clambake

The helping out thing just kind of started because we were basically neighbours. There was no motive other than keeping my wife happy. I/we have never asked for a penny.

I am just a little disappointed in this world wide brotherhood of Jehovah Witnesses and how full of shit they are about this world wide brotherhood and how loving they are, while us UBMs and apostates are picking up the pieces.

DJS- You are smug, self righteous, pompous snake in the grass,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit