"jehovah?" me no tink so....

by pomegranate 9 Replies latest jw friends

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

"Jehovah,".... that name is being dragged through the filthiest filth of the world's media day after day and this god seems powerless to stop it. Does Jehovah like the publicity of being associated with child molestation? If not, why is he letting this happen to his "holy name?"

Could "Jehovah" in fact be a powerless false god that knows not how to keep his "sacred name" clean, because ...errrr...well, because he really is a dumb nothing? I really don't see how he can clean himself off either. Unless, his plan is to bring Armageddon fast and rid himself of the nasty soil that he is now covered in.

Yeah that's it...destroy the evidence?

Folks who believe "Jehovah" is God's name, why not defend your god and tell me how this sin can be washed off your god's sacred name...can you do that for me? What kind of spot remover will "Jehovah" use?

"jehovah" CANNOT be God's name, because the true God would never let his "name" be associated FOR ONE SECOND with this caliber of degradation or ANY degradation for that matter.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Seiously, I mean I don't believe all the JW crap and all and I am still questioning just WHAT I believe about god, but who are we to say what God is, or what God would do? The fact is, we haven't a clue. We don't even know for sure what happens to us when we die.

You could say that God doesn't care, would you care what a flea thinks about you?

Then again, there might not be a God like you say. I just leave it up to each person to decide that for themselves.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

You could say that God doesn't care, would you care what a flea thinks about you?

If I made the flea to think, I would care what the flea thinks, other wise why give the flea thinking ability? If I made the flea I would care what the flea thinks, especially regarding me, who made the flea be able to think.

Then again, there might not be a God like you say. I just leave it up to each person to decide that for themselves.

I did not say there is no God, I said God's name isn't "Jehovah." Never has been, never will be. A little easy research will show that it is a man made tradition invented in 1270 AD by a Catholic priest.

I have yet to have anyone explain to me how this got to be accepted as God's "name." If it is a man made tradition, it surely wasn't God's will to have a new utterance concocted to labelize Himself through a man made tradition. Surely, that's what it is, a man made tradtion. History proves that fact.

Which is why I believe this name is now being dragged throught the mud of pedophilia.

The true God would never let that happen to His "name" now would He? Me no tink so.

Edited by - pomegranate on 14 August 2002 8:21:50

• You Know
    You Know

Jehovah God is very tolerant and long suffering. As can be seen with his dealings with Israel, he doesn't just fly off the handle, so-to-speak. And when Jehovah does act it is not impulsive, but rather his interventions are deliberate acts of judgment with far-reaching effects. So, when Jehovah acts to sanctify his name it will commence the judgment phase upon the entire system of things. Isaiah 42:14 takes into account Jehovah's long period of silence, where it says: "I have kept quiet for a long time. I continued silent. I kept excercising self-control. Like a woman giving birth I am going to groan, pant, and gasp at the same time. I shall devastate mountains and hills...."

/ You Know

• jack2
    jack2

Pom, you've always made some good points about the name Jehovah, and your point is well taken here by me.

As far as God, or Jehovah, Yahweh, or whatever he'd like to be called is concerned, my feeling is that defending him has always been problematic for me personally. This is just a shade off-topic, but my feeling has been that God is a big boy, and he can take care of himself, so even if his name, whatever he'd prefer it to be, is dragged through the mud, or if people think badly of him, well, he can fight his own battles. The jws say that we should be quick to defend God; for me, I've never felt inclined to do that.

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

pomegranate

If you really were a ** Bible Student ** - you would never ask those questions, without answers popping into your head automatically.

Reading your post took me back to when I used to knock on doors and think "dear, dear, how ignorant" at the curious statements of the householder, who had obviously not thought through what they were saying ;o)

Come on now. Must try harder...

C+

• SYN
    SYN

Why the hell would "God" even want any sort of label? He (most religions think God is a man) would certainly not need one. After all, there is only One. And he is Neo. LOL.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

The label that counts. Father. Abba. Daddy. Dada...
    That is a full encompassing of what He is.

Solomon even admitted that God could not be contained in a temple. Please explain how God can be contained in a label.

The source of "Jehovah" is middle ages Catholicism. As I have asked before, someone explain to me how this got to be accepted as God's "name." Jehovah's Witnesses own literature say is of TRADITION. Who here believes this man made tradition is acceptable to God and why? If before 1270 the "name" was never uttered, then the "name" isn't true.

God's name = his historicity and reputation. That's the name that counts. At least to me.

I understand you jack2.

Dizzy Cat, I don't understand you.

SYN, you are in the groove I believe.

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

Don't worry Mr Pomy, I don't understand myself today .... must be the medication :o)

• SYN
    SYN

Pomegranate, for the first time ever, you and I are actually in agreement!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit