Charity

by aintenoughwiskey 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Yes we are so lucky to have medical care readily available. When I read stories on that website I realise I have nothing to complain about.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Sofia Lose ,I appreciate that you are contributing to a charity of your choosing ,such as Cancer research ,

and that is commendable.

what I find puzzling is your comment :

Many JW`s contribute at a personal level to different causes .

I find that hard to believe or accept , from my personal experience in the many congregations I have been in during my 33 years in the Borg.

I am from Australia ,and my experience is , regarding JW`s ,that they give what they can to further kingdom interests , and kingdom interests only .Not only could they not afford to give to worldly charities , the majority on low wages , welfare ,pensions etc.

Their is no way they will give money , time , or effort to prop up Satans system of things when all of these problems will be done away with in the New System of things , God`s Kingdom .

smiddy

And yes I do support charities of my choosing , but only after leaving the cult of JW`s.

• Perry
    Perry

When I formed a new company a few years ago, I found a small ministry to orphans in the Ukraine to support from the success of the business. The ministry builds additions onto houses and plugs kids into already functioning families, mostly local pastors. They take up to 10 kids per family. The state just warehouses the kids and turns them loose at age 16 or 17. Drugs and sex traffickng gobble up many of the orphans upon release. It also runs a nice bible school there.

It has been wonderful to see pictures of smiling kids and to get updates over the years.

http://www.slavicbaptistmission.org/uploads/1/3/8/9/13891775/5853208_orig.jpg

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I volunteered in a soup kitchen.

Owing to financial circumstances I cannot give anything to charity but would if I could.

At least I buy stuff from charity shops (that's goodwill to my US cousins), so the money goes to a good cause.

I want all my money back from the WBT$, they've had a fortune off me...the filthy perverts!

• prologos
    prologos
    direct investment in a third country family, PBS, shelters for humanity. touching the elderly., the dying.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Smiddy, like I said, when we were witnesses I used to donate to mostly animal shelters (I would get begging letters every single day in the mail).... also public radio. Actually if I hadn't been an avid listener of public radio the last 25 years, I might still be a witness! (a half believing witness), ugh, what a pain that would be. Worrying about my kids not following 'the truth.' So glad those tumultuous changes happened, and we are out!
  • Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Smiddy,

I did know some JWs in Oz who would part with a few coins for the blind - rationalising it along the lines "I could end up blind myself!". Admittedly, that was back in the days of Gough Whitlam, when wages were sky high for a time.

Bill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit