This is why Jehovah's Witnesses do Not celebrate birthdays. It is just so obvious.

by JakeM2012 2 Replies latest social current

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Attackers kill 1, wound 11 at child's birthday party in Detroit.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/21/us/detroit-birthday-party-shooting/index.html

• zimunzucz
    zimunzucz

I often ask JWs why they don't celebrate birthdays and they come back with the standard WT line-- " well, John the baptist got his head cut off", etc

So I ask them, "if it was an anniversary party instead of a birthday party, then does that mean JWs wouldn't celebrate an anniversary?"

JWs are speechless- I then explain they are using false WT logic to deduce that birthdays are forbidden for Christians.

I also ask them if they knew that very often only the kings and priests in Bible times had access to and knowledge of calendars, so the common people just didn't know what day they were born on, hence, they couldn't celebrate a birthday, even if they wanted to. I have yet to meet a JW who has thought this birthday prohibition through using sound logic.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

zimunzucz - " I have yet to meet a JW who has thought this birthday prohibition through using sound logic."

I suspect you'd be hard-pressed to meet a JW who has thought any aspect of WT ideology though using sound logic.

If they had, they probably wouldn't be a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit