Royal Commission into Child Abuse - Australia

by biometrics 29 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

punkofnice - "I wonder how whipped up the JWs will become that this is a start of the great tribulation(tm)?"

Maybe, amongst the ones who want the Big A to hurry up and happen already.

For about a week or so.

I'd simply reply with, "Okay, so, where's the cry of Peace and Security?"

• cappytan
    cappytan

How much you want to bet that the comment the organization makes in response to this news release includes the words, "We abhor child abuse."

They're using that "abhor" word too much. Change it up a bit...it's starting to sound like what it is.... a canned response.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"We abhor child abuse."

'Course they abhor it.

Their inability to fix it makes 'em look bad.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

For those of you who made fun of Steve Unthank, shame on you. This inquiry is the result of countless "baby steps" of bravery, Steve included.

YAY!!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸ’₯πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸŽ…

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "For those of you who made fun of Steve Unthank, shame on you. This inquiry is the result of countless 'baby steps' of bravery, Steve included."

Hard to argue with.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

This opportunity for Australian victims of JW molesters to speak up is due to the never-ending and difficult work of Steven Unthank and a few other XJWs for more than seven years. Steven has been tireless in his fight for justice through countless government leaders and other authorities for those oppressed by arrogant JW leaders and their JW attorneys who refused to listen to cries for help from the machinations of some evil JWs.

Now that the Royal Commission will hold a public hearing, we can only hope that those who can will be at the hearing to tell their stories of the cover-up of their sexual abuse for the entire world to hear.

Many victims have lived in fear of disfellowshipping, or worse, for years if they spoke of their abuse to anyone. How wonderful that they are now given the opportunity to speak out without fear of retribution because the Australian government is listening and at this point, what the leaders of Watch Tower of Australia don't need are more complaints of their duplicity.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Is it only former victims that will be present at these hearings, or does the commission have subpoena power to compel WT officials or representatives to testify as well?

I think it's important for victims to be able to tell their stories and express their concerns, but I think it would make a much bigger impact on current J-dubs if they had to watch a branch rep (or similar) try to explain and defend the WT's policies in front of a TV camera.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

respectful_observer - "...I think it would make a much bigger impact on current J-dubs if they had to watch a branch rep (or similar) try to explain and defend the WT's policies in front of a TV camera."

Ditto.

If I recall, seeing Sun Myung Moon lying his ass off on national television was the shock that finally enabled Steve Hassan's family to deprogram him.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I can't wait till July 27
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

The child sex abuse royal commission will hold a public hearing into controversial Christian group the Jehovah's Witnesses, next month.

The public hearing will be streamed live to the public via webcast on the Royal Commission’s website.

I think it would make a much bigger impact on current J-dubs if they had to watch a branch rep (or similar) try to explain and defend the WT's policies in front of a TV camera.

I wonder which high ranking Watchtower official will refuse to appear this time.

Think of Gerrit Losch's refusal to comply with a court order to appear in the recent Jose Lopez case in San Diego, using the lame excuse "I don't answer to Watchtower."

More importantly he was, at the same time, refusing to comply with the Bible...

But when they bring YOU in before public assemblies and government officials and authorities, do not become anxious about how or what YOU will speak in defense or what YOU will say; 12 for the holy spirit will teach YOU in that very hour the things YOU ought to say.” Luke 12:12

These men (G.B.) would tell Jehovah's Witnesses that they must "take every opportunity to give a thorough witness," while cowering themselves when they have an opportunity to do just that.

The Governing Body's lack of public participation in child molesting issues tells me that Watchtower officials don't really believe they are 'guided by holy spirit' at all.

This fact alone should be an eye opener for sincere Jehovah's Witnesses everywhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit