Depends on what the meaning of the words"Last Days" is

by enigma1863 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

Do the JWs still say "we are in the last of the last days" ? I don't even know what that means any more. They will say the end is coming soon but according to their god a day isn't a day. They sound more like a politician recovering from a lie (what is the definition of "is"). If we can redefine words then he didn't lie. This reminds me of in Genesis when god says in that very day you will die but apparently a day doesn't mean a day it means a thousand years. Did the great communicator explain to Adam and Eve that a day really means an arbitrary period of time.

This isn't the only word that religions often redefine. What does dead mean? John says god gave up Jesus' life but if you come back to life in a mere 48 hours (Friday afternoon to Sunday is two days not three) that's not death.

• sir82
    sir82

According to JWs, "the last days" began 101 years ago.

Evidently, Jesus meant to refer to the "last centuries" rather than the "last days".

• enigma1863
    enigma1863
    If you were to point out any contradiction to a JW they would be able to claim its not a contradiction . I think the best way to approach a contradiction to a Jehovah's Witness is to ask them to give you an example. Then ask them to define why its a contradiction. Then point out a similar one in the bible and watch them backpedal.
  • sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2
    A JW will always say it's Jehovah's time table not man's as a day to him is a thousand years. Which my reply back would be then if that is the case and it's the last days plural it must mean the last days are a minimum of 2000 human years.
  • enigma1863
    enigma1863

I have now come to realize that no book of fiction has contradictions. They just have figurative poetic language. We just didn’t fully understand the details authors story.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

“Define ‘Last Days’…” = lawyerspeak.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit