An Outcry! revisited!

by libra_spirit 6 Replies latest jw friends

• libra_spirit
    libra_spirit

Thanks for all your comments on my recent post An Outcry!

Well I placed my outcry on many ex-jw sites and the result is very obvious to me.

It would seem that most ex-jw's are so caught up in new "like mind" groups that most cannot see beyond this and join in one united effort, one voice. Never was this more evident then the Christian ex-jw's boards. My message is not taken seroiusly because it does not fall into the new agenda of where everyone is supposed to go. There seems to be no way to unite pagan ex-jw's and Christian ex-jw's and agnostic ex-jw's into a single voice that the Org is abusive and that is really the message! They all see me as a controlling, subversive, seeking to minipulate them, a sucker, a new ager, or they see me as someone to help by converting me to thier new found truth! I am none of those things. And this is really sad, because it is the very thing taught by the Org. Division through doctrine.

An attempt to bring the focus towards the ones who can make a change namely the "governing body" seems futile. As the Christians are busy saving souls from out of it, the pagans are batteling thier fear of demons, and the agnostics don't believe they can make a difference, that it is all in my head or all about money. While I respect all of these paths, I think many are just repeating thier narrow expierence somewhere else, so they can continue to stay narrowly focused, and continue to stay away from a painfull realization that they have been abused.

Like the daughter fleeing an abusive father, she escapes and then immediatly forgets about her sister still back there being abused. She refuses to pray with someone to help this situation because they are not of the same faith. She won't speak out because it is all in her head, or it is far too painful to open in front of others. I don't buy into this, it is deception to me. We have all found other truths outside the Org, we all know there are injustices happening within it, there is a common bond, we can find it.

I have been called a dreamer, an idiot and a poor sap! LOL I have to admit I can't argue with any of these and I can laugh at myself too. I am a poor sap, I agree! But I am not looking for sympathy, dreams, or some higher intelligence. I am looking for a practical way to make change happen. Change comes thru people crying out together, and being heard, refusing to be silenced.

So I ask you all this question in the spirit of truth and sincere curiousity. Before you answer, please drop any desire to change me or enlighten me, or pity me, that's not what I want. But here it is.

How can we effect a change within the Org. ?

The "programming" is very strong to resist this, but I do not accept that there is nothing possible.

• larc
    larc

Many people of different beliefs are working together right now on the Silent Lambs issue, so I am not sure what your complaint is.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

...i took you seriously. i know you're not saying anyone in particular called you a dreamer, but i wanted to explain this to you: when i added that "dream" pic to my post, it wasn't to call you a dreamer. it was meant to say "don't give up". i chose that picture because to some people a message in the sand might be hard to understand or accept as anything real, but to me it is very real, even if it only exists for a finite amount of time. (i hope this makes sense).

~incense through the glass

• blueroom
    blueroom

<P>I posted this in response to another topic. ; But it applies here as well.</P> <P><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">At 17 I was publicly censored for kissing some guy. ; Three elders decided to censor me. ; A week later the circuit overseer who had gotten in many debates about other issues not relating to me with my father, called them and then bethel. ; I was then publicly censored and my father removed as an elder. ; He was so well known in </SPAN><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Chicago</SPAN></st1:place></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> that several sisters called me up and told me how embarrassing I was to him and asked me how I could do this to him. ; This forced me to eventually leave my home at 18 because of the shame I felt. ; And after 15 months of the elders searching for me I went in search of them. ; At 19 I was dis-fellowshipped because I walked in the kingdom hall and handed in a three page confession letter. ; ; I said that I had finally lived up to the once whore and sinner like person everyone once thought me to be. ; For three years I was convinced that Armageddon would come and I would die. ; Today I'm an atheist. ; It takes a lot to deprogram 18 years of brainwashing. ; It's hard to lose your family, especially when youre competing with god. ; Especially when you really, really believe.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> ; </SPAN></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">But I don't think your a dreamer because I, like you, have woken up from my nightmare.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> ; </SPAN>I don't know how to take down the org.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> ; </SPAN>I wish I did.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> ; </SPAN>The corruption that I know about could cause scandal, but no one in org would stand by me on it.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> ; </SPAN>Most recently I heard that one of the freaking elders on my committee that dis-fellowshiped me was recently found guilty of adultery.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> ; </SPAN>Yeah, hes still an elder.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I dont think youre a dreamer.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P> <P></SPAN></SPAN> ;</P>
  • COMF
    COMF

Well, there goes the margin. Blueroom, would you edit, please?
    If you're going to use HTML, please click on the HTML link in the
    lower left corner, and do it in there, not here in the WYSIWYG window.

libra_spirit, I missed your original posts, An Outcry to All and
    An Outcry Revised. Using the "Posts by libra_spirit" icon, I had a look
    just now. The jist of it seems to be this, in which you want us all to join:

The following is how I intend on observing this.

I recognise that I am "connected" to this and have played a part in it already.
    I will be connecting with my inner Spiritual presence and asking God to hear
    this message. I will be asking for a healing and a change to take place within
    the Jehovahs Witness Organization, and within myself, having to do with
    my "connection".

I fail to see what part you expect an agnostic to take in this. You want
    us to suspend our disbelief and pray to the god we don't believe in?
    Um... could you elaborate?

Edited by - COMF on 11 August 2002 23:53:36

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Thats why I HATE labels. Just because some do not subscribe to your viewpoints does not make them what you assert. Share the dream, without putting labels on others..........

• libra_spirit
    libra_spirit

Calm down guys.

My post is not a complaint. I do not expect anything from anyone. I am testing the waters, and I got surprise thats all.

My data is based upon actual responses, there is little or no intrest in a Spiritual solution. I do not have a problem with this guys.

Love you all, thanks for responding with your true feelings. That is all I wanted.

I have no problem with others labeling me, that is how they are operating during thier healing process, I respect that.

I have no problems with anyone who believes differently then me, or in there voicing that, I applaud them for voicing thier true opinions, this is essential to comming out of the JW Org.

I have come to a place of non denominational Spirituality and I wish to share that with others in support of Bill. I do not think anyone is really going to listen to him either with his march, anyone that will change anything. But it will be intresting to see what comes of it.

I believe in healing also, and the spiritual nature of it. These are my beliefs I am not here to push them on anyone. I am not here to make anyone feel guilty.

LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit