Jehovah Witness cult is Anti-christ.... proof seen in the use of BCE/CE instead of AD/BC

by goingthruthemotions 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

So being around this cult, i always found it interesting that the rest of christianity use AD/BC and the non christians use BCE/CE. I never put two and two together. but, it dawned on me that once again there is hidden proof that the Witness cult is and anti-christ cult. below is an interesting note i found on the internet site that talks about the english language and it's usages. so i did a search about BCE/CE and AD/BC and this is what i found.

The simplest reason for using BCE/CE as opposed to AD/BC is to avoid reference to Christianity and, in particular, to avoid naming Christ as Lord (BC/AD: Before Christ/In the year of our Lord).

So yet again it find it very disturbing that this cult subliminally once again demeans Christ.

I would like to get others take on this.

• Esse quam videri
  • fulano
    fulano
    THE reason for not using BCE and CE is well known.....What does Christ mean and when did he become Christ? And no, it's not his last name.
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Where are you quoting from?
  • goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions
    So the point i am trying to make is this, they use every way they could to demote the importance of Jesus Christ in our lives.
  • fulano
    fulano
    @Goingetcetcetc... Do you understand what Christ means? And again, when he became Christ, in -1 or 1 CE?
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"The simplest reason for using BCE/CE as opposed to AD/BC is to avoid reference to Christianity and, in particular, to avoid naming Christ as Lord (BC/AD: Before Christ/In the year of our Lord)."

That's not correct. The reason CE and BCE are used is because Jesus was not likely to have been born then but more likely around 4 BCE or a bit sooner. Instead of redoing the calendar, which would be impossible, a more neutral term was used.

• fulano
    fulano
    The reason, is that Christ means anointed. When did Jesus became the anointed or Christ ? When he was baptized, anointed with the holy spirit. As we know, this wasn't at his birth but many years later.
  • Jonathan Drake
  • fulano
    fulano
    Yes Jonathan, more fun ain't it? :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit