Getting In those Hours!

by Andyman 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Andyman
    Andyman

I have a conversation going on another site about hours and how important they are to a persons standing within the congregation.

One person is trying to say that hours don't mean anything. That they are not that big of an issue whether you get them in or not.

Would anyone here like to comment on that?

Take care.

Andyman:

• puppylove
    puppylove

hummmm.....let's see, are hours important?

you can't work the mikes unless you are making the national average.

can't say prayer

can't read at bookstudy

can't be ms

can't be elder

if already are ms or elder, may get removed

may get shepherding calls around time of co visit to "encourage you"

co talks always include how many hours cong. averages

did i miss anything?

• Martini
    Martini

Andyman,

SOOO much could be said about this but in brief,
    'hours'is another of those embarrassing realities that we Jehovah's Witness try to down play to the public. We may outwardly say 'hours' are kept for statistics sake, but the truth is that bit of information is the single most important telltale to determine if you are an asset or dead weight for the WT printing corporation.

More Later,
    Martini

• Dubby
    Dubby

I agree with PL and Martini. I was once chastised by an elder and an elderly "publisher" "sister" in front of a field service group for being late handing in my time slip. I was an ms at the time, and it made me feel like crap. The c.o. also threatened to remove me if my hours didn't come up.

"Enjoy God's creation, ride a dirt bike!"

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

I agree that this is yet one more instance of double talk. Hours figure in very prominently in your standing with the congregation. Low hours from servants will be tolerated (in some congregations) for a period of time but rest assured that you have better have a good reason for it and you had better correct it soon. But this varies a lot from congregation to congregation and also on the C.O. I have to say that our last two C.O.'s were very understanding in that respect.

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Hours - more fuel for the organisations witch hunt fires. I find the concept and practice totally sickening. So blatantly anti-spiritual, anti-love, anti-christ. Satanic. I'm at a loss to describe how deplorable this organisation regulation is.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

How long can a JW go on not reporting time before they are reprooved?

GB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit