I brought up the pedophile problem . . .

by seawolf 6 Replies latest jw friends

• seawolf
    seawolf

. . .and got shotdown. It basically ended when she said that perhaps nothing was known about what was going on or the people just didn't want to come forward...so I said:

no it's all on record. on the dateline program they showed official watchtower documents that showed the dude in nevada had been accused by 17 girls in congregations around the country of being molested by him. finally one of them squeeled to the police and he's in prison now for 40 years i believe. bill bowen in kentucky quit being the PO of the hall after he found confidential documents in the hall's file showing that one of the elders in the hall had sexually molested one of the girls in the hall a decade ago and nothing was done. at my hall here in *edited name of city* there was a guy when we moved here and several ppl told us to stay away from him as he was sexually abusing all the boys he was adopting (he had ummm 3?). nothing happened to him until someone got lucky and found him in downtown miami, florida and shot and killed him hehe. he probably got ahold of the wrong boy
    i mean i'm serious..i'm not trying to start something with you...u ask a question and i answer it. you want me to not say another word and i won't say another word. it's all cool

Well, it was quiet for a bit and then she answered by saying she was tired and going to bed and left before I could even say a word. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr am I that bad for bringing this up !? I don't see what's so bad about them hearing this? Earlier in the convo I got the stuff about they were warned about the stuff on tv and articles about this stuff and that it's apostacy.

oh well

Edited by - seawolf on 10 August 2002 0:43:16

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

"The truth" hurts.

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

"The truth" hurts.

The "Truth" hurts and they can't handle the "Truth" and they are afraid of the "Truth".

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Its hard to let go of your whole world view, especially when you have invested so much time, energy and life into it. Imagine someone who has been a witness for several decades, do you want to acknowledge that you've wasted most of your life?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

"Do not give what is holy to dogs, neither throw your pearls before swine, that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open." -- Matt. 7:6

It's not bad to bring it up, nor is it bad to talk about the subject. Realize that it's more about them, than you. But once you bring it up and their mind is closed, then it is time to let it go and move on in order to protect yourself.

• seawolf
    seawolf

Thanks for all the comments

I fully agree with everything that's been said. Not much that I can add to it other than to say that this would have really bothered me before. I've chilled out now and don't take things personally.

sorry to not be able to add much more to this...dunno why but my mind is totally blank. oh well

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Hey seawolf...you did good!!You planted the seed...Now you dont have to mention the org....however when something on the news is about molest...you can say "It'nt that so sick,how could someone do that to a child and if I knew it was going on ..you betcha i would tell the police!!
    Otherwise I could'nt sleep at night and I know GOD would want me to do anything in my power to protect children."

If this doesn't sound right ...umm it is 6:00 in the morning here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit